• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I have a graphic problem with the sims 2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DDR-PIII

Disabled
I installed the game, the video card is an ATi Radeon 7000 32MB "non TnL" cpu is 2.8ghz newest driver, ive tryed them back down to 4.7 cats, same problem, but the problem is when the game loads and it shows the neighborhood it is all red textures, anyone know what would be causing that ?

Im going to go out on a limb and say its the graphics card. People have been saying it has been a major stress on vcards. I am not certain here though.

Dre

Yes it very well could be the graphics card also. Then again you do have a 2.8Ghz cpu, what settings are you running in game? Might have to turn everything and I mean everything down to low to get it to run.

My system drags a little on the game at times with all settings on high though.

yeah everything is on low and ive tryed the higher settings as well, but still no go, there is nothing about it at their website either, thats odd.

perhaps its a directx texture problem ? I remeber on 3dmark2001se, in the test with the robots and all thats stuff like terminator, when something would flash it would flash just plain white instead of what it should have, also in hitman: contracts when lightning would flash it would flash yellow instead of what it should have, so maybe this is another dxtc probelm ?

DDR-PIII said:
I installed the game, the video card is an ATi Radeon 7000 32MB "non TnL" cpu is 2.8ghz newest driver, ive tryed them back down to 4.7 cats, same problem, but the problem is when the game loads and it shows the neighborhood it is all red textures, anyone know what would be causing that ?

I have the box in front of me and it say's the min vid card needs to have TnL. Ati Radeon 7200 or greater.

So i guess it would be time for an upgrade. ;)

http://thesims2.ea.com/help/detail.php?help_id=21

If you have a T&L capable video card with at least 32 MB of video RAM then you need at least:

* 800 MHz processor or better
* 256 MB RAM if Windows XP, Windows ME, Windows 98 or Windows 2000
* At least 3.5 GB of hard drive space

If you have a non-T&L capable video card (an Intel Extreme Graphics or a Radeon 7000/VE Series) then you need at least:

* 2.0 GHz processor or better
* 256 MB RAM if Windows XP, Windows ME, Windows 98, or Windows 2000
* At least 3.5 GB of hard drive space

Supported video cards (and the more video memory the better):

* ATI RadeonTM series (7000 or better)
o Radeon 7000/VE series (non-T&L; requires 2.0 GHz processor)

o 7200, 7500
o 8500, All-In-Wonder 8500
o 9000, 9200, 9500, 9600, 9700, 9800
o X300, X600, X800

* Nvidia® QuadroTM series
o Quadro, Quadro2, Quadro4

* Nvidia® Geforce series (GeForce2 and better)
o GeForce2
o GeForce3, 3 Ti
o GeForce4, 4Ti, MX 420, 440
o GeForce FX 5200, 5600, 5700, 5800, 5900, 5950
o GeForce 6600, 6800

* Intel® Extreme Graphics (non-T&L; requires 2.0 GHz processor)
o 82845, 82865, 82915

got mine running fine on an ATi 8500 AIW 64mb card - i have to put the res to 1280 x 1024 and i keep AA and AF off and turn most game settings to medium and it still looks dam good!

i need more ram in this system thogh as when i chekc it is often using 612+mb and i only got 512 and have a p4 2.6C

n.m, i just formated and reinstalled windows im using the cat 4.9's now and its running :)

My GF had the same problem with a 32MB Geforce 2 GTS, but once running it everything was on very low settings and looked like crap. If you can get yourself a better vid card the game will be MUCH, MUCH better.

I know, I plan on doing that, all in good time ;) i say :), first im gonna pick up a hdd, then a celly D 2.66Ghz, and a mobo to go with that and 512Mb of ram :) and ill be good, ill just need to pick up a new vid card :)

Back