• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help me please, Don't want to Fry anything.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

96redformula

I just reinstalled my heatsink because of the high temperatures that I reported to you all when in the bios screen of my new pc build. I reinstalled the heatsink today with as5 again and put a thinner layer on it. Now, When I lock the heatsink on though, the level to push down to lock it HITS the (the round cylinders their around the cpu,they are on video cards, etc..). I put it all the way down this time, last time it was not down 100%. It is bearly touching the side of it, should i be worried. Do you all need a picture? It is bearly nicking it. I don't want to reseat the heatsink again, and besdies the video card will make it close to hitting the lever on the OTHER side.

I am worries cause I don't want to fry nothing by shorting it or anything funky like that. Am I ok???

Last edited:
those cylinders are called "capacitors" or "caps." And unless the heatsink is putting a lot of pressure on the caps, just touching the top of them should not be a problem. Welcome to the forums and good luck with your first rig. :attn:

Back