• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How do i enable 5.1 in Q3?!?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Feydd

I can't get an answer to this any were. I've googled it, looked in the manual, and in the .cfg's I can't find it any were. Were is the option to turn on 5.1 sound in quake3? the only answer I get in MP games is OMG STFU N00B!!! could some one please give me a straight answer.

Go to your control panels/Audio devices and change your speaker set up to 5.1 surround. Go back to Doom3 and turn on surround sound in system options. This should be in the Doom3 tech support thread here, and it is also on activisions' FAQ for doom3 tech support.

Quake 3 not doom 3, doom works just fine. And it was already set up to 5.1 in control panel.

No, the A-holes in multiplayer. Any ways looking at some one elses thread I figured it out. Now everything is in 5.1 like it should be.

Back