• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

400 gig

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I do not have a link for it but Comp USA has a Maxtor 300GB SATA HDD for $239.99 this week. There is no MIR. The price is 279.99 - a 40 Instant rebate.

The website copy of the ad is HERE

Look in the lower right section.

I have 8 - 200 gig hdd's in my entertainment pc now and they are all full. I think I will buy one of these a month for the next 8 months and replace the 200s. Then I can start burning all the dvds I purchased in the last 6 months since it filled up.

Dissolved said:
when you buy a 300+gb hdd i dont think you care how much you spend.

Give this man his Cupie Doll! :D

Ordered 2 already!

Ahwile back outpost had a deal for a 200gb seagate drive for I think $60 after a rebate. 2 of those plus a raid card for $60 or so and you have 400 gb for less than half the cost, at almost twice the speed. Get a third drive and have lvl 5 redundancy at still a much lower price than the single drive. It gets to a point where buying a single high capacity drive is foolish.

Last edited:
tom10167 said:
400GB is that point. Now you're running three hard drives, and a RAID card, this is just one SATA drive, plugs right in to the motherboard. 300GB are an excellent buy. I want two. :(

Raid card also plugs right into the motherboard. I dont' see your point. It greatly increases performance, is fully redundant, saves you $150, and you're telling me the single 400gb drive makes sense?

Yes it makes sense! I'm going for maximum storage on a single system. With 8 of these I end up with 3200 gig of space. I have 1600 gig right now and I'm out of space.

And I also DO NOT do raid. Never have...never will.

Back