• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GeForce 2 of Radeon 9200se??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

UndyingClocker

Disabled
GeForce 2 or Radeon 9200se??

Hey guys i have a Radeon 9200se..witch is held together by a few elastics( Im Dead Serious) Its still holding out but im not sure how long lol..i totally ruined the card by trying to super glue the heatsink on lol..since it fell off..anyway i have a brand new Chaintec Geforce 2 laying beside me and i was wondering maybe if i oc'ed it it could possibly perform better then the radeon 9200se?? Thx

Here is a link to the card.

http://www.firingsquad.com/products/hwproduct.asp/1179

I know its not better but the 9200se can die on me any minute lol.

Last edited:
I'd have to vouch for the geforce2. It has a better memory interface, doesn't it?

If its an MX, then the 9200se will be better. If I remember correctly, my MX400 got 3000-4000 in 3dmark01. The 9200se should get at least 5k.

i'm sending my 9800 pro back so at the moment im using a MX440 64mb and to tell the truth its a great little card! The s-video is the best function, its very easy to use. only gets double figures in 3dmark mind... lol, plays some games ok still, would be fun to overclock/mod...

By just looking at both cards..the GeForce 2 MX400 looks so much better then the cheesy build of the radeon 9200se...but we all know that saying,
"Dont judge a book by its cover"

Yes, the MX400 was overclocked. Now, the 9200 is able to run nature test in 01 boosting it's score, so they are probably closer in performance that the numbers I gave show, but I would still compare it to a geforce2 pro or something, not an MX.

UndyingClocker said:
So should i switch?? their is no way i can overclock the 9200se i destroyed it lol. Alos its an se i think the geforce 2 should be better??

:confused:

If you have the card lying beside you, just do it!

Why keep asking the question, when you can find the answer yourself in about 5 minutes?

A 9200se in good shape would be better, but you seem to have issues with the one you have. I've learnt my lesson about superglueing heatsinks to anything, won't do it again.

You don't seem to be a doom 3 player, so it really doesn't matter which of the two cards you use. There are a few geforce 3's selling on these boards for cheap, that would be a better solution than both of those cards.

UndyingClocker said:
I love doom 3. Jus didnt beat it yet too scared lol. Also i will try the geforce 2 in doom3 maybe it will be better.

Is the 9200se that good to play doom 3?

If so, I might pick up one for my second rig if I can get it dirt cheap. A friend of mine has just about the same specs as you, and he said doom 3 sucked big time with the geforce 4 mx 440 card.

Back