• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Why can't you copy Seti Driver to Different Machine?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TC

Senior Seti Addict
I wanted to put Seti Driver and all of its cached units onto a machine that is presently not on the net. I figured I could easily copy my Seti folder that has Seti driver and all of the cached units from one machine and put it on this box. I tried it, but when I start Seti Driver it just pops up the gui and doesn't do anything else. It doesn't start crunching where it was before copying to this new box. Checked task manager and the system is 99% idle. Am I missing something? The files and directory structure were not changed during the copy.... Any ideas?

Nada - first wants to download fresh units, then when I copy the units it just sits there. I finally hooked it up to the net and it downloaded units and works fine - almost like it's personalized to each box it runs on.

I did that same thing with no problems. I created a folder on my desktop and copied it to the other machines over my LAN, and then I proceeded to install it on each machine. It's been working fine for me with each machine independent of each other and I can monitor them with setiPro as well as that excellent program you suggested, "VNC".

Last edited:
I had the exact same situation when I reloaded my main system yesterday. I think sspy must have to be in reg or something.

TC. I have moved the Seti folder from one machine to another, several times. Twice I have had weird things happen. The first time was an easy fix - in the Progress Monitoring, for some reason Seti Driver wasn't checked - once I checked it, everything was fine. The second time was this weekend. Nothing got it to work - had to reload everything - Seti Driver, CLI and Seti Spy.

Back