• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Please help me.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

katka

Ok heres the deal.

About a week ago I went to my mother's to fix her computer (damn spyware of course). Anyway, after that it stopped connecting to the internet.

It'll dial up and connect just fine, but it won't show any webpages. I tried IE and Firebird (only browsers installed on it) and both give me page not found errors on any website, even though it is connected.

At first I thought it was just something with the firewall. So I turned off Zonealarm and no dice. Still didn't work.

I'm not really sure what the problem is, so I'm hoping someone here can help me. Please?

Check the proxy settings - perhaps that is the problem?

Sometimes Zonealarm continues to block stuff even after it's turned off.. make sure the service is stopped.

Also-- what kind of "page not found" errors are you getting? IE calls everything "page not found".. at the bottom of the error is the real problem... unable to resolve host, timeout, etc.

Can you ping people out on the internet?
ping 69.20.37.110
ping www.ocforums.com
What do you get for those?

I forget to mention in my first post that the problem is a DNS problem (excat error is "cannot find server or DNS error). So I can ping IP addresses, but not web addresses.

Back