• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HELP DE-BLOATER SCREWED ME OVER!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

eobard

Give me a break Senior
I've never ran a "debloater" before, but several big names online "recommend to all our subscribers" that they do it to make windows faster and leaner. So I did it, NOW NOTHING WORKS RIGHT!!!! And everywhere I turn for help is posts of people asking the question before me and being given responses like "YOU'RE A STUPID LOSER FOR DOING THIS IN THE FIRST PLACE!!! YOU DESERVE TO SUFFER FOR DOING THIS!!!!" Can anyone here help me undo the damage that debloater did to my system? It wasn't some obscure website that I got it from, I got it from github so I assumed it was safe. It deleted all of my desktop icons. I found the copies it left behind and unhid them, but so much more is wrong or unfunctional. I can't save screen snips anymore, all of my file type associations are broken and the system won't let me re-attach them. I can roll back to a restore point if I have to, but is there a better way? I already tried the "undo" option, it doesn't work. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pretty sure it's not a virus, it just "slimmed down" windows by breaking a lot of internal attachments. Attachments that I need. I'll roll back if I have to, just hoping someone has previous experience with this problem who can suggest the quickest way to undo the problem based on experience. Thanks for the respectful response.

I remember using something like that and it borked some windows apps. The program itself had an undo option to restore. Does the proggy you used have that option? I never heard of that "debloater". If not, you might not have any other choice.

Pretty sure it's not a virus, it just "slimmed down" windows by breaking a lot of internal attachments. Attachments that I need. I'll roll back if I have to, just hoping someone has previous experience with this problem who can suggest the quickest way to undo the problem based on experience. Thanks for the respectful response.
You coudve restored by now. :p

Debloater. I'd post the link but some other unfortunate victim might use the software.
ok just making sure. i've heard of the decrapifier as being debloat (really it is what it is) but its meant to be run as a pre windows setup thing

I've never ran a "debloater" before, but several big names online "recommend to all our subscribers" that they do it to make windows faster and leaner. So I did it, NOW NOTHING WORKS RIGHT!!!! And everywhere I turn for help is posts of people asking the question before me and being given responses like "YOU'RE A STUPID LOSER FOR DOING THIS IN THE FIRST PLACE!!! YOU DESERVE TO SUFFER FOR DOING THIS!!!!" Can anyone here help me undo the damage that debloater did to my system? It wasn't some obscure website that I got it from, I got it from github so I assumed it was safe. It deleted all of my desktop icons. I found the copies it left behind and unhid them, but so much more is wrong or unfunctional. I can't save screen snips anymore, all of my file type associations are broken and the system won't let me re-attach them. I can roll back to a restore point if I have to, but is there a better way? I already tried the "undo" option, it doesn't work. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do a system restore.

Especially if you don't know what all it did.

So I tried a system restore, it rolled me back 8 days, didn't fix the problem. then I did another round of googling to find a solution and hit upon a youtube video that showed a single line powershell command to reinstall all of microsoft's default bloatware, so I tried that. Looks like it worked! Now I have to just test everything to see if there is still any residual damage. Thanks for the positivity everyone. I know I'm not on here much anymore, but it is nice to come home and see people are still willing to help. If anyone else runs a "debloater" and it makes their system unusable, here's where I found my solution: Linky. Can't guarantee it will help the next person, your milage may vary, but it's been very helpful for my needs.

Back