• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New P4 3.2C Temperature

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Billnov

Registered
Hi all,
Just replaced my 2.4C with a new P4 3.2C on my Abit IS7. Ran on internet fine, but loaded up a few games, and I hear beeping from my system. I believe the temp went up to around 177F when it went off. I have 2 large fans in the case, Antec 3700, and never had a problem with the old 2.4. Is this a defective proc, or do I need to increase the temps for the warnings in bios? I wanted to try to oc this a bit, but need to iron this out first. Thanks so much

Bill

Billnov said:
Hi all,
Just replaced my 2.4C with a new P4 3.2C on my Abit IS7. Ran on internet fine, but loaded up a few games, and I hear beeping from my system. I believe the temp went up to around 177F when it went off. I have 2 large fans in the case, Antec 3700, and never had a problem with the old 2.4. Is this a defective proc, or do I need to increase the temps for the warnings in bios? I wanted to try to oc this a bit, but need to iron this out first. Thanks so much

Bill

At 177 F wouldn't your processor be fried:D

Thats what like 80-90 C??? I dont think that will fry a porcessor if its like that for just a short time...

Thanks for replys!

I have added a front 120m fan to the standard rear 120m fan on the Antec SLK 3700 case. I bought the retail box for the processor, and the standard heatsink which had the pad attached which went over the processor. My friend just bought the same case and processor, but only has one fan and has no problem. Thanks again for your help!

Bill

What bios are you using? If it's not the latest "20" version, update it to that with flashmenu (flashes in windows). It'll bring temps down 10c or so if they aren't version 20

Is the Heatsink flush to the CPU? I have a 3.2C as well and the stock HS can slide over and hang on the bracket easily. My brother has a 3.2E and did the same thing and I pointed it out to check it and it sure enough was off so he moved it and all is well.

Not doubting anyone's ability but a new CPU is exciting and we can all make mistakes.

I thought I read somewhere that Abit reports temps higher than they actually are. There was a theory that I belive is true that faster processors run hotter.

Just a thought but have you ever thought about modifying your heatsink or getting a better one.

Back