• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Does anyone have a clue

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

learner202

Registered
When ATI is going to sell the fricking x800 xt platinum. Their web site has it for 499.00 and it has been out of stock forever. I sold my other card and now I don't haev one. Sucks bad.

learner202 said:
When ATI is going to sell the fricking x800 xt platinum. Their web site has it for 499.00 and it has been out of stock forever. I sold my other card and now I don't haev one. Sucks bad.

Supposed to be the end of October, but it was the end of September before that and the end
of August before that. Everyone is in the same boat so don't feel like the Lone Ranger lol.

Viper

Also, there are the PE cards out. There are just hardly any. They are practically impossible to find.

learner202 said:
Viper is your signature saying you got a 9800 pro to clock at 513?

yes...he does some amazing air and colt mods.....he has a site...forget the link....

learner202 said:
Viper is your signature saying you got a 9800 pro to clock at 513?

Clean in every benchmark or air yes but it takes one hell of a good R350 core (luck in the draw) to get
that. 513 clean in GL Excess is reasonably common with a good R350 core.

Viper

PLOBBY said:
yes...he does some amazing air and colt mods.....he has a site...forget the link....

While it takes good mods to get the results in the end it is still the luck of the draw that has the
final say. As the old saying says "you can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear" no matter what
you do it and the best you can expect is just a fast sow's ear.

The site is here - http://imageevent.com/marginjohn/viperjohn

Viper

So this PE x800xt got a 15327 on all the highest detail settings. It plays doom, far cry, and call of duty like nothing. I bet on performance settings it may go 20000

learner202 said:
So this PE x800xt got a 15327 on all the highest detail settings. It plays doom, far cry, and call of duty like nothing. I bet on performance settings it may go 20000

Learner what kind of system do you have. I am assuming those are 3DM01se numbers and they
are thousands of 3DMarks to low indicating a slow system or a problem.

3DM01se is highly effected by the test system speed.

Viper

yes, i am in the x800xt pe boat now, too. I can't decide what to get as a replacement. seems all my choice cards are out of stock everywhere.

MastarPete said:
I sure hope they get the PEs out soon cause I really need a new video card.
especially with HL2 supposedly around the corner. :drool:

come on ATI, I'd like to get this card while it's still top ot the line. :cry:

My vendor is saying that ATI is still holding to the 10/29 arrival date to their warehouse.

Viper

ViperJohn said:
My vendor is saying that ATI is still holding to the 10/29 arrival date to their warehouse.

Viper
hmm.. I wonder if ATI knows that ;)
that'd be great if ATI really comes through this time. :clap:
who knows maybe gateway will be giving me a call in the next few weeks.. lol

btw.. I found it listed at zones.com for $449 and when I e-mailed about their stock/availability they said they had an estimate of between Nov 6 to Dec 31.
they don't have any recent ratings on resellerratings.com though

Last edited:
Back