• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

more crunchers on the way!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

[Oc]acaridans

With the cooler weather and a long weekend comes 2 more crunchers, #6 and #7

#6, is a P133 relic I put together this weekend out of spare parts, shes going to be a storage server just waiting on a nic.

and #7, Newegg should be sending me her by thursday,
Epox 8K7A with a 1.4TB my first real AMD box...I cant wait.

Basher said:
Sweet we need all the WU's we can get, our production was down this weekend :( Could have been from the upload/download problems though

Yeah... this sucks... I just got, I think, 4 WUs off to the server.. finally... :(

Things look like they may be working right again now. I just moved in the 320th spot, and turned in 6 wu's.

Congats [Oc]acaridans, I have an AYHJA 1.4 that's running at 1703, I think you'll be happy!

TC said:
Cool. You bought the oem AYHJA right? Wondering how it overclocks...

Yes I did. and I got a CAK38 as well...I wanted to try 1 of these out.

Yeah... this sucks... I just got, I think, 4 WUs off to the server.. finally... ...

What can suck more than forgetting your to set your server to run seti and discover something is missing after ONE WHOLE WEEK! A well, it's just PII 300, but it matters.

b.t.w. my week was BAD. Servers at my work (as admin) have crashed and my collegue is on vacation. This sucks badly and takes all my time...

Well I got my 1.4 today...To bad Im to sick to put it together :(
Looks like it will be tomorrow, hopfully

[Oc]acaridans said:
Well I got my 1.4 today...To bad Im to sick to put it together :(
Looks like it will be tomorrow, hopfully

Hope you feel better tomorrow. Just so happens I ordered one of those AYHJA's too :) As luck would have it, a nice little check for $1000 showed up from my aunt today. It was intended to be our wedding gift. I know my fiance was immediately thinking more ceramics, and so was I - but these ceramics don't say Wedgwood on the bottom, and they aren't made in England :D

TC said:

Hope you feel better tomorrow. Just so happens I ordered one of those AYHJA's too :) As luck would have it, a nice little check for $1000 showed up from my aunt today. It was intended to be our wedding gift. I know my fiance was immediately thinking more ceramics, and so was I - but these ceramics don't say Wedgwood on the bottom, and they aren't made in England :D

LOL thats to funny...I got my refund check lastnight. The first thing out of my girlfriends mouth was "you not getting more computer stuff, your paying the bills."

Every time I see "TC's" farm I feel so inadequate! (lol)

I've been slowly working on a "SETI garden" I've got five up now with the 650 T-BIRD/ AZ11 soon to be replaced by something on an EPOX 8K7A.

I've gotten over 430 WU's / rank 133, in three months, slowly sneaking my way up the ladder.

What started as an idle curiosity has almost become an obsession!

Well as soon as i get some time on my hands i'm gonna start building more machines. This whole starting-your-own business thing is kickin my butt for spare time. oh well it'll be worth having free electricity. :)))

I've been slowly working on a "SETI garden" I've got five up now with the 650 T-BIRD/ AZ11 soon to be replaced by something on an EPOX 8K7A.

If you have not bought the epox yet you may want to change to a via kt266a mobo, they should be out next month and have a very nice performance boost. Here is a link to a kt266a review if you have not seen it yet.

FRANK said:
Every time I see "TC's" farm I feel so inadequate! (lol)

I've gotten over 430 WU's / rank 133, in three months, slowly sneaking my way up the ladder.

What started as an idle curiosity has almost become an obsession!

What about Chawken's farm - don't leave him out :) Funny how a year ago I only had one computer running Seti. I never dreamed I'd have this many computers for anything, but the parts are so darn cheap now it's hard to resist. I remember the first "modern" computer I ever bought was a Thinkpad 750C. It had a 486DX2, 16MB of ram, 300MB HDD, and a nice color screen. That puppy set me back $5200. Just think of how much more computing power you could build on that budget now.

Basher said:

If you have not bought the epox yet you may want to change to a via kt266a mobo, they should be out next month and have a very nice performance boost. Here is a link to a kt266a review if you have not seen it yet.

That looks real interesting.

In the meantime, there's the computer show tomorrow (Monroville) and I still have that extra AKBA DURON600 in the desk drawer. (I've had it over 1100 on an A7V133 and an FIC AD11). The potential 150+FSB and the higher onboard voltage available on the EPOX is appealing. Maybe 1.5+G out of one of my AXIA's?

Besides, winter's on it's way and I told my wife that If I get a lot of computers going in this room, we can turn the furnace down and it'll help lower our gas bill! ;)

Maybe see what's out next month and get one of those too.

I'll sleep on it tonight.

Thanks for the input.

Basher said:
So Frank how was the show? Did I miss anything good? I may go next month got to see how my cash flow is :D

I got tied up with something else and missed my first show in about a year. I think I'll give some thought to your suggestion and sit back and see how the KT266A situation shakes out. (I was part of the R&D team with the release of the original KT133 chipset; along with all of the other buyers of the first generation socket A motherboards.)

Back