• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Problem with Test #5 in Memtest

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

koei

Got these OCZ 3200 Rev.2 (TCCD) modules today and after installing them I prompted ran memtest, but it seems that whenever I have it running with 2 DIMM and overclocked somewhat, it will fail on test #5 in Memtest at the very end (around 98~99%). It seemed very strange and I tested the DIMMs one by one and both ran fine by themselves, even at 300MHz FSB. I then set the FSB back to 200MHz and with 2 DIMM the test passed fine. Cant really see what the problem is. Does anyone else have had similar problem or know a solution?

I have the voltage at 2.9 right now and lowering or raising it doesn't really seem change the result. I tried 300x8 and 270x9 and 250x10 none of them worked for 2 DIMM.

The timing I have right now is 2.5-4-4-10-1T
tref 4708
twcl 1 bus clk
increase skew
skew value 64
drive strength 1
dynamic counter enable
r/w queue 16x
bypass max 7x
32 byte granu enable
rest are all auto

I am using the 10/05 BIOS.

Try level 2 drive stregnth, 3120 tref, read preamble of 5-6ns, and disableing CPC.

which slots are you using?

1&2, and 1&3 seem to work the best(with 1 being the closest to the CPU)

-Jess-

I am using 1 and 3. Really hoping I don't have to disable CPC... but I'll try.

koei said:
I am using 1 and 3. Really hoping I don't have to disable CPC... but I'll try.

try the other settings, and the other slots, befor you try CPC.....:thup:

GL
-Jess-

Drive strength 2 helped, I managed to get the errors down to double digits at the end of test #5. CPC off seems to work with 270x9 after I tried some different timing settings, but still can't seem to get it to pass it perfectly. I also got it to run fine with CPC at 242 with some refined memory settings but still seem abnomrally low from 300FSB+ with 1 DIMM to 242FSB with 2 DIMM.

Back