• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which Mousemat?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Vrykyl

Tornado Guy
Ok, I game A LOT, mainly fps, and mainly at the moment ut2004 instagib :D
I use an mx700 AND a razer boomslang 2100 for gaming, depending on which game im playing (mx700 is much better for farcry, boomslang for ut2004 for eg), but my desk is really not helping me - its all scratched and mottled (im at uni - its not my desk) and I really need a mousemat to game on. Also needs to be quite big to give me plenty of space to manouver, i dont want a pidly little thing, and made of something tough so its not likely to wear out quick like my last generic thing. Iv narrowed my choices down to a selection of 3, but now im stuck as to which to get, as iv no experience with any of em. Remember, the mousemat has to work great and let me glide over it with max precision with BOTH the optical mx700 and the ball boomslang!! A few reviews of mousemats seem to say certain mats are good for specific mice types...i need an all rounder ;)

My choices are -

Icemat - Black 2nd Edition
Func 1030 - Black/Black
Steelpad 4S Alloy Mouse Pad

Which would be better for me? Or are there any that would be better for me? Thanks guys!

yeah razer! I have been a razer user since boomslang, and my new 1600dpi optical one just shipped! i love them! I have a ratpad gs, which is relatively rough. I don't use it anymore, especially since i got an func pad. I'd go with an func 1030. it has a great rubber bottom that doesn't slide, a little clip for the mouse cord (very useful when used as directed), and it has two sides. I prefer the smooth side for the boomslang and the more rough one for the optical. Also it is very slick. after a while it gets dirty but you just pop it out of the rubber bottom and wash it with warm soapy water and it's as good as new. It is very durable, used it all the time for about 6 months and i have had no problems. good luck! the reason i use the rough for the optical is bacause there is not enough pattern for my razer viper to detect movement right away. however this is fixed with their new optical mouse which has a sensor that is always on.

Also now i pretty much exclusively use optical. the reason. no cleaning. my boomslang would get really gunky pretty fast and it would freeze up or not track right when i am playing. with optical, not poblems, ever. i will never go back. plus the new mouse has insane dpi. and i never had any problems with my viper skipping pixels or anything.

Whats the benefit of the optical razer (is it a diamondback?) over the boomslang apart from optical? Doesnt it have less dpi? So youd recomend a Func pad :D
Anyone else comment?

get an mx510 or a 1600dpi razor,but i hear the mx510 is better(i own the 510)

get a supermat,stealpad s&s, icemat second is decent,or the xray pad thunder 8-it is a bigger func they say,comes with the same stuff. The supermat is the biggest,the steelpad is suppose to have the best serface,and the icemat glides. the x ray is like a func...

i dont wana buy a new mouse - theres nowt wrong with what iv got. Which is overall best? youve just listed properties for each but not which is overall best combo of the lot...

The xraypad thunder8 comes with a nice case,mouse bungie (realy helps if wire gets caught on desk) and a double sided larger fUnc related surface. I would go with that

Or the supermat Blue or Green-For HUGE size and cheapness its awsome.

I would set get whatever is most avalible to you and fits your budget,the supermat is cheaper,but the pro's say the thunder8 has one of the best surfaces

i got an X Trac Pro HS mouse pad and i love it, they also make bigger mouse pads then mine, my friend has a bigger one made by them.

Andy82 said:
i got an X Trac Pro HS mouse pad and i love it, they also make bigger mouse pads then mine, my friend has a bigger one made by them.

ya the thunder8 is made by them,the auqa3 is also an amzing mouse used by tons of pro gamers...

Icemat or Steelpad, made of glass and anodized aluminum respectively. Just as smooth as anything else (if not more) and extremely hard wearing, you won't ever wear down either. And you won't break them unless you try (the Icemat is tempered glass, you can drop it down a stairwell and it will be fine).

Back