• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gta:vc

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Agent_Mull

Anyone know why my GTA:VC fps is locked at 27fps? I cant use my Temporal AA because of it. Any help would be appreciated.

becuase its retarded? just turn of the frame limiter in the display options, you might suffer display problems with the game. but if you can handle that, then you will be fine

Agent_Mull said:
Anyone know why my GTA:VC fps is locked at 27fps? I cant use my Temporal AA because of it. Any help would be appreciated.
I remember playing with my ti4200 at 1024x768 and being locked at 20 fps.
With my 9800xt(everything maxed out) at 1024x768 I was locked at 60fps.
With my settings at 1280x768 I'm locked at 30fps.It's a safe bet the fps lock
depends on your card,resolution,and settings.
Try a lower resolution and see if that helps.

I tried the fps lock, but it let to textures not loading until like 10 seconds after i go to a new area. So i just turned it back on and turned off my temporal aa. Thanks for the help anyway.

Right click gta-vc.exe, and go to properties....then go to compatibility, then compat. mode, check the box and choose win98/windows me

Do this, then turn off frame limiter, and problem solved :)

Well ive given up on the fps, but if im playing and i try to alt-tab out, more than 1/2 of the time it freezes up. Ive set the compatibility thing to 98/me but it still doesnt fix it.

Agent_Mull said:
Well ive given up on the fps, but if im playing and i try to alt-tab out, more than 1/2 of the time it freezes up. Ive set the compatibility thing to 98/me but it still doesnt fix it.

Do what I said on post #5, and it will be fixed.

I run 6xaa, 16xaf, 1280x1024 w/ no problems...i had prob's before I did the comp. mode, but now it's fixed :)

iLLestOne said:
Do what I said on post #5, and it will be fixed.

I run 6xaa, 16xaf, 1280x1024 w/ no problems...i had prob's before I did the comp. mode, but now it's fixed :)
if you'll read what i said, i did that already.

Yeah, it uses a different pattern for anti-alias every frame, unlike normal AA which just uses one. This causes 2x T AA to look like 4x normal AA and so on. If the FPS is too low the edges of the object look like they are moving a pixel every frame. Normally temporal AA needs 60+ fps.

How do I turn on the sirens in GTA VC? When I steal a cop car that has no lights & sirens on, I cant seem to turn them on. Any ideas?

richklein said:
How do I turn on the sirens in GTA VC? When I steal a cop car that has no lights & sirens on, I cant seem to turn them on. Any ideas?

Press the horn button (shift default) ... might have to tap it a few times though ... its because it operates the normal horn as well i think and u need to be quick ... well I find I do or maybe thats just me :p

Back