• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FPS, Input latency & Refresh-rate

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Haider

Hi,

I usually play at 1440P@120Hz Freesync 6.7ms input latency. I have been playing HDR 1440P@60Hz Freesync 6.7ms input latency, i get about 90-100 fps. Feel a bit like something is 'off'. Considering my CRT used to be 72-75MHz and my Voodoo 1 one could do 30-35 fps, i'm thinking it can be lower refresh rate?

Thanks
Haider

Well yeah. Running on 165 now, going back to 60 is just plain painful. I'd imagine you'd feel something cutting things from 120 to 60. :)

Going from 60hz to 120hz+ is sorta like going from a membrane to a mechanical keyboard, everything suddenly feels right with the world and you don't want to go back 😁 To me lower refresh rates feel stuttery, like you're watching a movie with missing frames, it's a niggling feeling at the back of my head that I really can't get rid of until I go back to "normal" high hz...

Back