• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need for Speed Porsche 2000 in windows XP???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cubaxp

Can someone here tell me how can I make Need for Speed Porsche 2000 play properly in Windows XP?

thanks!!!

DELETE gimme.dll file from the main directory :) (or just move it somewhere else). That always fixed it in case the game would hang up during loading...

Hope that helps.

weird, I never had any problems with the game and xp. The only thing I can tell you is that you may want to go to the directory of the EAcom update program, and set all .exe files there to win98 compatibility. Now the game can be autoupdated by clicking multiplayer from the main menu.

Does anyone here know what happened to the online server? It seems I can't log in anymore. This really sucks because Porsche was the best online racing ever and the only online racing game with a perfect netcode (ALL other online racing games lag like hell).

Panzerknacker said:
This really sucks because Porsche was the best online racing ever and the only online racing game with a perfect netcode (ALL other online racing games lag like hell).

www.liveforspeed.net

In my opinion, the best online racing game ever. Well..honestly..the best racing game ever.

@md0Cer said:
www.liveforspeed.net

In my opinion, the best online racing game ever. Well..honestly..the best racing game ever.

Yeah I heard of that, I have to give it a try soon.

But I just want to play Porsche online again, is there anyone who knows of a working server or a way to play the game online again?

Sorry, I can't help with your question about NFS Porsche Unleashed, but as for the Liveforspeed, you can just get the demo to try it out and you don't even need to play online. You can race against the AI. After looking at the full version and S2, I am strongly considering paying to get the full version.

When you guys talk about the best driving game what do you guys mean? Are you guys limiting it to just "games" or does it include "simulation" type stuff?

Back