• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Did I miss something? is a Sempron better then a Barton?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

treepop

as the Title states......sorry its 4am if I missed a sticky or somthing already explaining this...please just point me to it :) thanks.....also, quick quesiotn.....whats a nice mobo sempron setup if this is true...thanks :)

you are just upgrading for the heck of it? 2.7ghz athlon xp is pretty darn fast.

The socket 754 sempron is leaps and bounds better than its socket A companion. The socket A chip is NOT better than your mobile in any way shape or form. It is 256k cache, and yours is 512k. The 754 is better because it has the on board memory controller. It is basically an athlon 64 that has no 64 bit code and half the cache. It still has 256k cache, but the memory controller helps make this processor pretty speedy. The problem with this chip: it is $10 dollars less than the athlon 64 2800+. which has the full cache, the 64 bit instructions, and its cooler to tell your friends you have an athlon 64 :D.

If you were to upgrade?....I think you would see virtually no gain, if not a loss in performance.

-Collin-

Back