• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

KV8 Pro temps are way off?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NinjaZX6R

RAM Junkie
I just can't understand the temps on this board. When I use the included guru software, I get anywhere from 45c to 80c. My alarm will randomly go off, shut down my computer, then when it restarts I will be back at 45c. I think the software is pretty much crap. I also flashed to the latest bios that "fixes temperture issues." Went into bios and computer was idling at 38c. Sure enough, the high temp alarm went off later. Restarted and it went back down. This is driving me insane.

Has anyone found a successful program to monitor these temps?!!?!?!?

-Collin-

You'll have to set the cpu over temp really high in the bios.. like around 90C. but keep a good eye on it and do not overclock until you can make sure you have good cooling for it. abit temp sensors have never been that accurate.. when I had a custom bios on my KV8 Max3 id get temps between 50-55 idle and 60-70C load. now i get 39-45

Back