• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

For those of you with the BFG 6800 GT OC

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

g0dM@n

Inactive Moderator
Dont buy the AC Silencer5... I put on the Silencer5 with AC5 paste and only dropped like 3-5C, even at load. If I put AC5 on the stock BFG cooler I probably would have matched the Silencer5 temps. My temps are like 50-52C idle, and when I use the rivatuner temp graph while running 3dmark2003, it hits up to 72C at certain points.

Waste of MONEY!!!

do you have the dual fan version? too bad I already bought it :( my temp is like 62c at idle

Yes, dual fan version. I like my card, just think it was a BIGTIME WASTE OF CASH to get the AC Silencer. I was so hyped up about it too. Since I'm only 3-5C cooler, I realized that if I just put AC5 (arctic silver, not arctic cooling) on my mem and core and then put the stock cooling back on I would have matched the temps I'm getting now with my Silencer.

I had the dual fan heatsink and bought the AC NV5 because the copper plate touches the memory chips with the NV5, and I thought that would let me oc it better. However I didn't do a before and after. At idle, its about 47, load is 63. This is with a 1.4v bios flash, and the card is running at ultra speeds: 425/1.1

Nightelph, mine helping me out with mine? You can see in my sig I have it at 414/1.11. I did 3dmark03 today and got 12,110, but when I did it a second time I saw very minor artifacts... Explain to me this 1.4v bios flash. All I know hot to do is using Rivatuner (I like it better than the nV CP since it can graph out temps).

Explain to me what the stock voltage is, how the bios flash helps, and how to do, etc... if you have to time =)

Also, how hard did you tighten the bolts in the back of the AC NV5? I tightened mine a lot today and it dropped my load temps from 70C to 65/66C.

he is obiously lucky.. my bfg gt didnt like the 1.4volt increase one bit.. and I have an nv5 as well.. but on stock bios, mine is rocking @ 418/1.14 :santa:

My BFG is really going mental right now =(

At 1.4v I was running find at 430/1.1 but then after a few loops of the troll test #3 I lost video signal to my monitor and I had to turn off then on to get the computer to boot.

=(

My first bios flash was able to "detect optimal" in nV CP of 439/1.09.

Ever since my last bios flash I try to "detect optimal settings" with the nV Control Panel it gets cut off and cannot complete the full "detecting" process =/

Last edited:
Back