• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GA-7N400L Ram upgrade query

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Lee Foster

Hi Everyone!

I have a Gigabyte 7N400L board, AMD 2500 CPU, 1G ram, Nvidia dual ouput card and run XP Pro SP2. The ram is in sticks of 512.

I recently added another 1G to the system, with another two 512 sticks, taking it to 2G. I know the board can take up to 3G, but it just does not seem to register the extra ram. I've read the section in the manual with regards to DDR placement etc, but it does not seem to help. The ram is the same brand and type. DDR 400 Dane-Elec

Am I doing something wrong? Is there a dip swith I should have changed? Is it a BIOS issue?

Can someone help please.

Cheers,

Lee ;o)

Last edited:
I am using F10 bios on the same board works ok. Try that.

Have you installed the ram in the correct order as the single sided memory and double sided in the appopriate slots like the manual suggests.. You said you have but check.

If you have try putting 1 module in at a time in each of the 4 banks to make sure you have not got a bad memory stick . check each bank individually to make sure each bank is working correctly.

Back