• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Alternate HSF = void warranty?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jEevion

Hi, I'm buying the AMD64 3200+ s939 Winchester with a MSI K8n Neo2 Platinum motherboard. I want to do some overclocking, thus I want to geta different HSF that works better. I decided on the XP-90 and the Vantec Tornado 92mm, with a Vantec NXP-305 Fan and Light controller. If I used this HSF solution would I void the warranty on a retail processor? Are there any better air cooling solutions than the one I have? Thanks a bunch.

I figured that. Aside from that, is my heat sink and fan solution (with the controller) a good one? The controller comes with 2 blue cathode lights and fits in a 3.5' bay. Is there a better one? The XP-120 won't fit on this board. My retailer suggested the ThermalTAKE CL-P0025SilentTower, but that thing is *huge*. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks a lot again.

Yeah, the combo you have going is a good one. The only thing that could be better is if you had something like a Sunbeam controller, rather than the Vantec one. But, since your using the 3.5" version I can assume that you don't want a 5.25" controller and so, in a very roundabout and convoluded explanation- yes. yes the setup you have is fine.

sometimes I ramble....... hold me. :cry:

Back