• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What are the best drivers for the 9800pro as of now?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

treepop

I know omegacorner has some good drivers...but I was curious what you all thought the best drivers for a 9800pro card would be...also I am I still correct in thinking that leaving my 9800pro unflashed to a 9800xt is faster at the same speeds...since the xt has looser timings?.....I remember the 3.9 cats being the best for 9800pro for a long while....just curious if that remains the same....since I assume the latest omegas and atis are aimed more at the x800 series....your input is greatly apreciated :)

deception`` said:
Omega v 2.5.9.0 ; Based on the Calalyst 4.1/8.07 beta

deception``

You mean 4.10Betas :p I was using those on both my 9800pro and x800pro and they were amazing drivers. I tired the 4.12betas that were supposed to increas HL2 performance but I really so no gain.

hrmmmm...........I might try the 4.10 ati drivers..thanks.......as for omega...I just had a really bad exp with them...I wa showing off how greatt doom 3 ran on my computer trying to prove a point that amd owned since me and friend both had 9800pro's but he had an intel running at 3.1ghz......anywho...it ran like **** and I was like wtf....I had just installed the omegas....so I am basic ati for life...I might give those Omega v 2.5.9.0 a try though :) thanks for the ino

Back