• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PC COOLER PA9C-42CU. Any good?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Ive seen those in Poland, named Freezone. They were around $30 for copper ones - for 80mm and 92mm fans. This one seems is 92mm version - not so efficient as Zalman, but temp difference is low; price differnce is HELLA HUGE.

I've also seen new 100mm and 120mm versions, with "wavy" fins design. They were around $5 more.

Cool, I will be using them in a few builds then. Basically my customers want a cheaper computer with some overclocking built in but not too much so I figured that I might as well see if these coolers are any good. It will save them ~$25 over an XP90 & I don't think they'll mind that one bit ;). Since it supports Socket A I may buy one myself (probably the lighter Copper & Aluminum one so I don't kill my XP :D).

There was another thread about that cooler and the conclusion was that you should just get a REAL Zalman 7000AlCu for 30.00 here. You can trust Zalman to give you a quality product, pure copper\aluminum ect where as you don't know if this cooler is melted down beer cans painted to look like copper.

Or $60 would get you an XP90 + a bunch of cheap 92mm fans. I found a review of the PC Cooler series & they look to be able to do what I need them to do. Mostly I'm looking for cost effectiveness. If I wanted to spend more than $10-$15, I'd go with the XP90 for sure. All my customers want is a nice inexpensive heatsink to keep the price of the machine down. I'll probably go with the Aluminum/Copper version for one customer who plans on doing to Quake Con with it instead of his aging iBook (Dualplatformites unite!). Its about 100g lighter which will keep it from removing itself in flight to Texas. The Machines are going to be Socket 745 & will probably be at pretty stock voltage. The goal is about 2.3GHz. Most A64s will do that with minimal voltage tweaking from what I've seen.

Back