• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need for Speed Underground 2..... is it worth the money?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TUK101

Is this game worth the money to go out and buy, or is it just more of the same? I want to buy this game but I hate to spend the money on it if it is just more of the same. I know that it has built in networking and that is a real bonus for me since I have a slow dial up connection. But if that is the only real kicker then I will just wait.

I've only played ten minutes of it on xbox, but looks more of the same to me. Just a few more bells and whistles, but I didn't see anything shockingly new out of the graphics.

essentially yes its more of the same, there are just more cars and car mods, there are a ton more races though, as well as some different types of races such as downhill drift and streetx

explore mode is pretty cool

but essentially yes it is just more of the same

not to mention way better music! they really have a great selection ion this one. I love that they actually put on a trance track by paul van dyk, plus I think they have an exclusive rap song?

yeah, there is way better music. The trance they picked is pretty cool, although the majority of the music is still rap, and why anyone would race to rap is a question I don't have an answer to.

There are also a LOT more customization options such as split hoods, scissor doors, custom guage faces that show up on your screen (where your speedometer and RPMs are), and there's even trunk audio that you can customize, which imo, should have allowed you to place your own MP3s in for playback, but nope...

Regardless, it's still a really fun game, albiet, I can't find very many online games going on.

i would have to say NO .. the gameplay gets boring which is kinda surprising since i never felt bored in the first part .. yeah you have lots of options to customize your cr but thats about it i guess .. i finished the game and removed it from my hard drive ... :rolleyes:

baqai said:
i would have to say NO .. the gameplay gets boring which is kinda surprising since i never felt bored in the first part .. yeah you have lots of options to customize your cr but thats about it i guess .. i finished the game and removed it from my hard drive ... :rolleyes:

did you like the first one? I'm hoping I get my copy of nfsu2 today in the mail. i loved the first one. played it over and over. chances are if you liked the first one, you will like the second.

Id suggest going with the demo to see if you like all the changes that much or not. If you got the first one then I dont know if the second one is worth it.

underground 2 is a fun game if you like the whole aspect of car tuning, however, the game can get boring after you play it for a while, the only thing that keeps me playing the game is the adrenaline rush i get towards the end of every race.....the final turn/ stretch always keeps my heart pumped up, but thats about it

furiousfords89 said:
underground 2 is a fun game if you like the whole aspect of car tuning, however, the game can get boring after you play it for a while, the only thing that keeps me playing the game is the adrenaline rush i get towards the end of every race.....the final turn/ stretch always keeps my heart pumped up, but thats about it
I get that same feeling when I play racing games. Honestly HL2 is doing that to me right now too with the air bike and the choppers shooting at me relentlessly lol. When I blow up a chopper I get that adreniline rush like "you shouldnt have f'ed with me mofo"!!!! But back to the subject of whether or not NFSU2 is worth it, it sounds like I will wait a few more weeks and then maybe try it. Might even just get it for one of my kids for thier birthdays.

Metallica God said:
...could get 100% in about 4 days

2 1/2
:rolleyes:

yeah, I wouldnt buy it (if the chance came up again). Its cool at first, but very repetative. drift is WAY to easy because you can just turn right and left fast while tapping e-brake every-so-often.

part of what kept me playing the original was working for the upgrades, that doesnt keep me in the new one because you just get a little email thing and have to go to a shop to get the upgrade, i dont think its quite as entertaining as the first 1

I rather like the new one, but I wouldn't cough up $40 or however much it is right now. Wait till the price drops a bit, maybe. But to each his own when it comes to enjoying a game.

It's WAY better than 1 IMHO. It's more about cars, there are more of them, more tuning parts, and a DYNO! U can now really tune the cars, adjusting the ECU, turbo, nos and stuff, that really cool. And the game isnt short at all, at least not the way I'm playing it. The explore mode is really good, I like driving around looking for races and stuff. The cars are a very little bit more realistic this time regarding handling. And the cars are better in this game. No stupid Lancer this time, but a Lancer EVO VIII. They also put some muscle in it, in the form of the Pontiac GTO and Ford Mustang 2005. Even some SUV's, not really for racing but more to pimp out.

I like the game ALOT more than the first one, but hey, that's just my opinion.

Get Burnout 3: Takedown instead
It kicketh much more booty and I've been playing it for over a month and have yet to unlock everything.

Burnout 3 is a totally different game. It's fun but it's more about just racing and wrecking the car than about the tuning scene and stuff like underground 2.

Back