• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

soundstorm with z-640 question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Fangs404

i just got the logitech z-640 system. i have the black plugged into the orange, orange plugged into black, and green into green, as i read on here to do. i have the nvidia 5.10 drivers. in the nvmixer, i have 5.1 (dolby digital live) selected.

they sound great, but i have one question. i have to press down matrix to hear sound out of the center speaker. according to the small manual logitech included, i shouldn't have to do this if i have 6-channel support. did i do something wrong? thanks!

If it is the rear center, the 5.1 sources don't include information for it, so you have to use something to expand the sound to that channel, thus the need to matrix it. If it is the front center, I can't help you.

cetoole said:
If it is the rear center, the 5.1 sources don't include information for it, so you have to use something to expand the sound to that channel, thus the need to matrix it. If it is the front center, I can't help you.

well, i'm not sure if it's the rear or front. the connection just combines it on the same line as the sub. the front speakers are green and the rear are orange. does anyone here have the same setup that can tell me if i'm ok or not?

well, it looks like everything is working a-ok. i tested my setup using a dvd with 5.1 surround sound. i found out that you were right, cetoole. unless a program is specifically using all 6 speakers (such as doom3 or hl2 or powerdvd), the center channel won't work (hence the need for the matrix button...it simulates a center channel even though there is no data present for it). thanks for your help. :)

Back