• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MX 1000 messes up

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

delljunks

it jumps all over the place and freezes at time, wtf?

ive had it for a month and this is the first time...

getting a little annoyed

delljunks said:
it jumps all over the place and freezes at time, wtf?

ive had it for a month and this is the first time...

getting a little annoyed
...ya know that really doesnt help us help you. Can you describe the problem better than "its an MX card which sucks in general"

All I can do is simply agree with you :-/

Do not bypass our swear filter again.

sorry, Jot. its not a card, its a logitech wireless laser mouse.

it freezes in place for a second when moving around and sometimes it jumps around like ill be moving mouse down and it'll jump to an up position.

delljunks said:
sorry, Jot. its not a card, its a logitech wireless laser mouse.

it freezes in place for a second when moving around and sometimes it jumps around like ill be moving mouse down and it'll jump to an up position.
Perhaps you should change the battery?

bump, this is pissing me off...

63 dollars gone down the drain

been reading on logitech and this is a common problem... anybody been in this situation and get out of it ?

Here's a solution from what I found. If this doesn't work, then you may need a RMA.

Logitech said:
When connected to the USB port, the mice listed below may experience a jump in the mouse cursor or some erratic behavior from time to time. If your mouse is connected to the PS/2 port, you will not experience this problem.

MX1000 Laser Mouse with a Receiver/Base Model Number (M/N): C-BN34
MediaPlay Cordless Mouse (both Blue and Red) with a Dongle Receiver M/N: C-BS35
To resolve this issue, please download and install the new version of SetPoint, version 2.14. You can install the new version on top of the version you currently have installed. Alternatively, you can use your mouse on the PS/2 port.

Hmm, i used corded mouse for the night while letting MX 1000 charge fully (the battery said it was full but I guess the cool down time might've helped)

plugged it back in today, works like a charm.

no clue what the problem was, if it occurs again i will report

Did you try plugging it into the PS/2 port like Aslan suggested??

Install the drivers that came on the cd too.

at least try it... don't give up so easily. It could be the known problem that Aslan posted.

Uh oh... I have one also. If you've used it for a month, then I should imagine the MX1000 just... gave up. This isn't good news... Logitech hasn't issued a recall, did it?

I have had that problem before with optical mice and found that using a non reflective surface mouse pad usually solved my problem. But with your mouse it sounds like a power or driver problem.

Back