• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

which a64 to get ..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

madhatR

well im building my sli system ..
my board is gonna be the asus one .. but which chip .. originally i was gonna pick a 3500+ winchester .. but now im thinking its not really worth the extra 40 dollars .. over the 3200+ .. or maybe even a 3000+ .. im coming from a 2.4c intel @ 3.5 .. so i cant even imagine .. going from 3.5ghz down to 1.8 for the 3000+ or 2ghz for the 3200 + ..

what do u guys think ..

madhatR said:
well im building my sli system ..
my board is gonna be the asus one .. but which chip .. originally i was gonna pick a 3500+ winchester .. but now im thinking its not really worth the extra 40 dollars .. over the 3200+ .. or maybe even a 3000+ .. im coming from a 2.4c intel @ 3.5 .. so i cant even imagine .. going from 3.5ghz down to 1.8 for the 3000+ or 2ghz for the 3200 + ..

what do u guys think ..
Since you are *going* to pay over $200 on the motherboard, you might as well get the 3500+. The 3500+ will crush your P4 on every possible benchmark while running at a measly 2.2ghz. There are several sites that have such results posted for all to see. Anandtech being one.

hmmm ok .. then i will get the 3500+ .. so my system should be up and running by end of dec... ive been gaming alot .. that is mainly why i wanna switch over to amd .. since i know they are superior in gaming then the intels

Back