• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

internet situation

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RnPgrosz

hey guys

I have a situation on a network where the internet works fine(ie. internet explorer) but aol will not work(not that I use aol but these ppl apparently do). At first it only happened one of the three computers on the network but now I think 2 or possibly 3 of the 3 have the problem. Also, things like Live update(for Norton) don't work either. The router is a belkin 2.4 ghz 802.11g wireless w/4 ports. When you try to install AOL w/their special installer it just says cannot connect and retry or something like that. If anyone has ideas please let me know. thanks

I know with Mozilla there is a way, during installation, to tell it to use the same settings as IE. Is there any equivalent in AOL or Norton??

Have you tried shutting down all but one rig then try to get them straight one at a time? Maybe crossing signals are causing install problems.

Do they run DHCP, and, if so, have you tried static LAN IP addresses??

DWolf:cool:

Back