• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

where can i find pink leds?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pineabs

anyways, i'm trying to mod a apple optical pro mouse into pink by replacing the leds. i kinda know what to dom but i got a few questions. i've been reading threads and all, i know it should be something thats brigter then 2500nm or something. and i also heard that pink leds will fade to blue over time? is it true?

you can use theater gel slides to make an led pink. They are translucent plastic sheets theaters use to change the color of spotlights. Very inexpensive. Get a white led and cover it with a piece from the gel

one question why would anyone want a pink led when the blue ones are so cool?
are you making a sissy pc mod? lol just kidding dude iv never seen a pink led but you can just use a pink permanent marker or nail polish on a white one.....or use those movie things^^^

threeme2189 said:
one question why would anyone want a pink led when the blue ones are so cool?
are you making a sissy pc mod? lol just kidding dude iv never seen a pink led but you can just use a pink permanent marker or nail polish on a white one.....or use those movie things^^^
maybe he is building it for a girlfriend or wife, or for a sister.

It sounds like you're going to replace the very important LED that the mouse uses to track itself. Does the Apple Pro Mouse sensor track any color light, or only red? You might run the risk of breaking your mouse if it ends up not being able to track with the new LED.

Back