• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Lanparty UT NB cooling

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Perseus

Hey all;

I'll receive my Lanparty UT today from the good people at newegg. My question is this, in order to achieve stable, high-level overclocks is actively cooling the NB something I should do? I'm going to be using water on the CPU and GPU. Any and all opinions appreciated.

I think it would definitly help.. I upgraded mine to a passive cooler that I purchased from ViperJohn at DFI street.. He makes a version with a fan but with my NV5 it doesnt fit.. but even his passive sink is nice and better than the stock.. Also Ive seen people replace the stock one with a Vantec Iceburg active cooler..

Understood. I'd like to avoid the extra plumbing if I can, considering the NB placement on the UT. Would you recommend a large passive HS with a 120mm door fan whistling by it?

Perseus said:
Understood. I'd like to avoid the extra plumbing if I can, considering the NB placement on the UT. Would you recommend a large passive HS with a 120mm door fan whistling by it?

Well thats somewhat how mine is.. I have the passive sink that I bought from VJ and 120mm door fan that blows on my videocard .. which hits the sink on my sb also.. I think you'd be ok with that.. mine has been fine..

edit..

Just dont forget to make sure whatever sink you use for it clears the video card..

THunDA said:
Well thats somewhat how mine is.. I have the passive sink that I bought from VJ and 120mm door fan that blows on my videocard .. which hits the sink on my sb also.. I think you'd be ok with that.. mine has been fine..

edit..

Just dont forget to make sure whatever sink you use for it clears the video card..

Glad to hear it. I went with a microcool NB passive. Hopefully I won't have to cut it, but it's going to be close.

Back