• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hosting Games Please help me im a desperate man

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Landieman

Registered
Hello, i have been hosting hames for years from medal of honour to need for speed underground 2.
But recently (ever since i got a new router a BT v2100) i cant host any more because even if i set settings to a dedicated internet game, the dedicated server screen still says its hosting on my lan ip adress as thats what th router giuves it.
How can i host it on my internet ip adress and not my lan one/ i need to convince my computer it has a direct internet connection and not a shared one so it hosts on 81.157.***.*** and not 192.168.1.3.

I have a dynamic ip
Please help
Cheers

Basicly the easiest way is to forward whatever ports the game uses from your router to your computer. What this does is say that any ip traffic that requests that port will get sent to your computer. How you do this depends on your router, but it should be in your instruction manual. I assume you didn't have a router before correct?

hiya, just tried that and it still will only host lan games.
I clicked the dedicated INTERNET server as aposed to the dedicated lan server and it still hostyed on ip adress 192.168.1.3 thus my lan friend could find the game but the internet person couldnt join

Cheers

Back