• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Delta RPM Rate?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

lennytiger

my question here is pretty simple I have done the seven volt mod to my Delta and was wondering if it is possible to plug the senser for RPM rate into the mobo so it can read the fan speed??

i think i read that you cant.... as the earth wire is a 5v one, the RPM sensor needs 0 v earth of it wont work correctly..... you could buy an optical tacho to check it but thats over the top and expensive.....

You can plug the tach wire in to the MoBo without worrying about damaging anything. I'm prety sure it won't work though, as the voltage won't be high enough for the MoBo to "hear" the tics.

dimmreaper said:
You can plug the tach wire in to the MoBo without worrying about damaging anything. I'm prety sure it won't work though, as the voltage won't be high enough for the MoBo to "hear" the tics.

I tried this and it don't work.

Back