• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

max screen shot

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

batboy

Senior Moment
Was trying for a new personal record in Super Pi tonight and finally got 30 seconds (was previously stuck at 31 seconds). So, I cranked it up even higher just for fun and to get a max screenie. Obviously this was not stable, but still impressive for an air cooled Prescott.

3800-cpuz-4700.JPG

Excellent batboy do you think you could get it stable with better cooling?

I'm not familiar with Prescott chips, so perhaps I'm missing something obvious, but why is the voltage reading grayed out?

Not sure why the voltage don't show, but I think it's because CPU-Z don't support Abit's Uguru. I just downloaded CPU-Z version 1.26 and it still has the voltage grayed out. I used 1.525v for that screen shot.

With phase change, this thing would easily do 4.8 gig or more. Perhaps close to 5 gig. I keep thinking I should buy a LGA775 block for my watercooling system. I've been doing some benchmarking at 4.5 gig, but temps creep up into the mid 60's and it's making me nervous. Reckon I could get a 120mm high speed Tornado for my XP-120 and ear plugs for extreme overclocking.

Last edited:
o_O That's quite possibly the most impressive oc I've ever seen in my life...4.4 on phase change is impressive enough....that's on air.... :drool:

Hey Batboy, I just picked up this 560J in my sig, I haven't started OCing yet (I haven't fininished putting holes in the case) but as soon as it is I'll be posting. I'm sure I won't hit speeds like you but I am still looking forward to a nice OC. =)

batboy said:
Was trying for a new personal record in Super Pi tonight and finally got 30 seconds (was previously stuck at 31 seconds). So, I cranked it up even higher just for fun and to get a max screenie. Obviously this was not stable, but still impressive for an air cooled Prescott.

What Vcore were you using? What were your temps when you were running SuperPi?

I was at 4.5 gig for Super Pi. Vcore was 1.5v. Don't know the temp, but I have the alarm set for 65 degrees, so it was less than that.

Gautam said:
o_O That's quite possibly the most impressive oc I've ever seen in my life...4.4 on phase change is impressive enough....that's on air.... :drool:

Yeah but spending 700-800 dollars on a cpu is a pretty expensive overclock.
I could get 5 gighertz stable on my vapochill where as air is only good for 600mhz overclock.

I sold my p4c and put in about 50 bucks to upgrade to a 3.2E DO and got it at 4440mhz. My CPU will probbly beat the 3.8 at 4.4 due to the FSB freq.

Im at 277 FSB 2.5 3-3-5 timmings :)

Hmmm....lets see...

cost of Vapo LS- $860
cost of 3.2E- $215

total= 1075

versus

cost of XP120- $60
cost of 570- $800

total= 860

So, in summary, just for the price of your cooling, you could've bought both Batboy's CPU and cooling. His rig is actually practical and portable, whereas you've got a 80 lb behemoth, and a power guzzler. And which one's the "more expensive overclock"? You put $860 into your cooling to get a 1200MHz overclock. He put $60 into his cooling to get a 600MHz overclock....hmmmm....now can you see which one impresses me more?

I've heard about your oc...on 4 different forums...glad you're happy but no need to shoot everyone else down. If someone tops your oc, they must be lying. If someone matches your oc on lesser cooling, they must've made a poor purchasing decision. Give it a rest already and mind your own business.

HOLY CRAP! thats awesome.

Its to bad ive stepped away from overclocking, and have moved over to using a notebook.

Man I cant wait till my next overclocking project... which is long and far away.

Im shocked how much headroom a high end chip like that has in it, and quite suprised now why intel didnt bother to break the huge 4G barrier, im sure there are reasons i dont know much about it. Nice OC batboy congrats.

Btw is the Super Pi patched or not?

[BBE]Jimbob said:
Btw is the Super Pi patched or not?

That Super Pi score was made the good old fashion way. No patch. I'm not sure why people call it a "patch" when it's not done by the people who designed the software. I would call it a "hack" since it's a third party thing.

Back