• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

All Your Base Are Belong To Us

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Stupid Boy

First, watch this and read this.

I plan on starting anything that does not require painting or cutting during the winter. I can buy the case in the spring and buy the parts for the computer when socket 939 and socket T get cheaper.

I need some help deciding which parts to buy.

Some important things to note:
1. I will be using all caps and a period in the phrase. I may have forgotten to add the period somewhere in the post. It will be this exactly:
ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US.
2. I have not decided on the colors yet, but I will base the color scheme on the Flash animation.
3. The game is named Zero Wing.
4. Zig is the fighter jet in Zero Wing.

Ideas

Keyboard

Buy three keyboards whose keys are all the some size.
Arrange the keys like this (The TOUS will be centered, so the last line may be slightly different depending on the keyboard.):
Code:
ALLYOURBASE
AREBELONG
--TOUS-

1. Which key should I use on the last line to center the TOUS? I'm using three hyphen and underscore keys in the picture. I would prefer to use two different keys because I want to buy as few keyboards as possible.
2. Which keyboard should I get? I found this keyboard through a quick search on newegg. This is the cheapest keyboard with a notebook layout. I would prefer to have a larger keyboard, however.
3. Are there any cheap keyboards for which I can buy individual keys?

Mouse

Buy a solid-colored mouse without any writing.
Where it would say "Microsoft" on an M$ mouse (either at the part nearest to your wrist or right next to the buttons), I will paint "ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US." I will probably need to make this multiple lines long.

I will print a stencil of this and cut the stencil with an X-Acto knife, then I will tape it to the mouse and use Krylon Fusion to paint.

DVD Drive(s)

I don't know what the correct term for this part is. When you push the button, the tray comes out. Closest to you is a removable thing that is visible when the drive is closed.

I will paint "ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US." on the thing.

Drive bay covers

I will paint nothing on these because it wouldn't look good to have lots of covers saying the same thing. I plan on using all of my drive bays, however, so this shouldn't be a problem.

Media

I will make some floppies and CD's or DVD's with labels that say "ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US."

Side Panel

The side panel(s) will look similar to the scene in Zero Wing. There will probably be a window, and there will be either a window or LEDs that says "ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US." By window, I mean that the letters will be cut into the side panel of the case.

I need some ideas about how this should be done.

EDIT: I will use a All Your Base UV Reactive Applique and UV lights.

Fans

On top of the label on the fans that gives information like the model number and the amperage I will glue a label that says, "ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US."

Music

There will be a button on the case that starts playing the music and possibly turns on some lights. It would be cool to have certain things light up at different times, but there may not be enough room to fit all of the people from the game.

If the button is pressed once before the song ends, the song will stop. If the button is only pressed once, the song will end at the end.

I have no idea of how I would do this. I would prefer that this not be connected to the computer, i.e., I want this to work when the computer is off.

EDIT: The only music may be an mp3 of AYBABTU that I download and play in XMMS. Anything more would be really annoying.

Speakers and Headphones

I always get inexpensive speakers and headphones, so I don't mind painting "ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US" onto the grille thing. (I don't know what it's really called.)

1. Would this make the speakers sound bad?
2. What kind of paint should I use for the speakers?

On the headphones I can paint on the part that connects the two speakers and goes over the head.

Monitors

I have an old Dell monitor that I just use for LAN parties. The Dell logo has no texture, so I will paint the entire monitor to cover the logo then paint "ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US" where the logo was.

I have two 21" Trinatrons that I can't pick up. I won't paint these.

Mousepad

It will obviously say "ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US." and it may have a picture of Cats.

The hard part, however, is finding a place that can make it.

The mousepad needs to have one of thingies for your wrist, like this one. Where can I buy a mousepad like this?

The rest of the mod is software mods.

While I will probably have Windoze for a minimal amount of gaming, I plan on using Slackware Linux as my primary OS.

Names

The name of my computer will something like "ALLYOURBASEAREBELONGTOUS." Some ideas:

ALLYOURBASEAREBELONGTOUS@SOMEBODYSETUPUSTHEBOMB
ALLYOURBASE@AREBELONGTOUS

My email address will be ALLYOURBASEAREBELONGTOUS@someplace.
I will try to get some instant messanger screenname that is close to "ALLYOURBASEAREBELONGTOUS."

Screen Saver

It will be a scrolling marquee that says, "ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US."
The colors will be based on the scene from Zero Wing.

Desktop Background

Like the screensaver, it will say, "ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US," and the colors will be based on the scene from Zero Wing. It may have a picture of Cats.

Game

I need to find the original Zero Wing that has the bad English.

Firefox

I will name Firefox "ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US" with the Firesomething extension.

Login screen

My cousin knows how to do this, so he'll help me with it.
The login screen will be hacked to say "ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US" somewhere.

GNOME

• A standard splash screen will be edited to say "ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US."
  • The Applications and Actions menus will be hacked to say "ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US" somewhere. I'm not sure exactly where on the menus it should go.
  • The Log Off screen will be hacked to say "ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US."

Bootup

Multiple lines will be added to the bootscripts. There are two ways that this could be done:

1. All the added lines could say "ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US."
2. They could be, "What happen?" "Somebody set up us the bomb." "We get signal," etc., then they could start saying "ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US" at the end of boot-up.

Which way is better?

Shutdown

The last line of shutdown is normally "Power off" or something.
The last line of the flash animation is "Mooove...Ziiigg."

Here are a few ways of changing the "Power off" line:

1. Add "ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US" right before "Power off."
2. Add "ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US" right after "Power off."
3. Replace "Power off" with "ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US."

4. Add "Mooove...Ziiigg" right before "Power off."
5. Add "Mooove...Ziiigg" right after "Power off."
6. Replace "Power off" with "Mooove...Ziiigg."

I'm not exactly sure of the order in which I will complete this mod. I think it'll be like this:

1. Start software.
2. Mod keyboard, make stencils.
3. When spring comes, start painting.
4. Finish everything over the summer.
5. Buy the computer parts in spring or summer.

There are two things I'd like to know:

1. I noted when I was unsure of something. I'd like to know what you think I should do.
2. Does anyone have any other ideas for computer-related things on which I could put, "ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US"?

Thanks

Last edited:
Do you think this might not be cool to you anymore, sometime in the future? Like, in a week? ;)

That is a lot of AYBABTU.

Stick with chicks. Never get tired of looking at them. LOL
If I had to stare and that phrase everyday all through the winter and live in NY. Umm can you say "Here's Johnny"

you are a god and i praise thee for doing this. lol i love AYB and everything about it i have one of these on my window http://www.frozencpu.com/apu-166.html and btw i NEVER get tired of looking at it it is easily my favorite thing on my case.

EDIT: you beat me bill i didnt see urs sry for double post

the idea is cool and all.

but do you think you really need to put " all your base are belong to us " on EVERYTHING? i mean come one.

first off, what if your mouse breaks? all that work, and you'd have to re-paint it. etc...etc...

Having AYBABTU on your case is a cool idea, and the Zero wing is a cool idea too.

but within a week you will want to change your keyboards keys back to normal, you will get tired of reaing the same line over and over. you will go online, go to some site, read " all your base are belong to us " and get annoyed cause your surrounded by it.

you chould have your windows startup sounds be " all your base are belong to us " or such, and same for shutdown. but don't have to many sounds playing the same line over and over. it will be the same as listening to the same song, all day long, for a month straight. you will get sick of it REALLY QUICK.

good idea, just tone it down a bit. you will be more happy.

I'll remove all of the music, but I'll add the All Your Base UV Reactive Applique.

I just realized that there is a period at the end of AYBABTU, so I'm adding that to everything.

I really want advice about the keyboard, however. Can anyone find a better one?

Thanks

Last edited:
Rather than moving the keys, I will use rub-on letters to put AYBABTU where "Microsoft" used to be on the keyboard that I painted. I'll use rub-on letters for most of the things probably.

However, I can be more creative on the case. I've been looking at this one for a long time. I will use these fans.

I go to LAN parties sometimes, but I'd only care about portability if the case could be a microATX case. I don't attend them enough than I need a very portable system.

I plan on keeping my current hardware and just upgrading the RAM. I currently have an SP-97.

Does anyone have ideas for:

1. A different case
2. Mods for the case - I currently have these ideas:
  • WIndow with the UV reactive applique
  • Mount the PSU upside down
  • Add UV lights
  • I sleeved my current PSU with duct tape. I'll keep this.
3. I don't know anything about case lights. I want at least one UV cold cathode. Can someone either explain what I should get, link to an explaination about case lights, or just link to what I should buy ?

Back