• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Liquid Cooled PC With ‘Real Human Blood’ Lined up as Diablo IV Give Away

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kenrou

Blizzard has announced a unique promotional campaign for Diablo IV Season of Blood, featuring a special edition custom PC infused with authentic human blood. The campaign aims to boost blood donations in the United States, with the condition that a minimum of 666 quarts of blood must be collected during the period from October 20 to November 20, 2023, for the custom PC giveaway to become active.

The rationale behind this unconventional promotion is to incentivize gamers across the US to visit blood donation centers, contributing to the much-needed blood supply for hospitals. If the blood donation target is met or exceeded, the sweepstakes for the liquid-cooled PC infused with "real human blood" will commence. Milestone goals have been set along the way:

At 220 quarts, all participants will receive weapon cosmetics, including a Dagger: Bloodpetal Anlace, Axe: Bloodpetal Sever, Necromancer Focus: Bloodpetal Heart, Sword: Bloodpetal Blade, and Druid Staff: Bloodpetal Bludgeon.
When 440 quarts are reached, all participants will also gain access to the Loch Raeth Maor Barbarian Armor Cosmetic, in addition to the aforementioned weapon cosmetics.
Upon reaching the goal of 666 quarts, participants will unlock the Vermilion Eye Piebald Mount, along with entry into the grand sweepstakes for the custom PC infused with real human blood, exclusively available to US gamers aged 18 and above.

For those curious about the specifics of the blood-infused PC, Blizzard has provided detailed information about its hardware components:

Intel Core i9 13900K CPU
Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 GPU
64 GB of DDR5 RAM
3 TB of NVMe M.2 SSD Storage
EK-Quantum Vector GPU Waterblock
A case featuring the signature Diablo color palette adorned with custom Season of Blood graphics

Regarding the "real human blood" infusion, it is likely that dehydrated blood has been employed as a paint pigment beneath a glossy coating ⇾ https://www.diablobloodharvest.com/faq

Q: WAIT! A LIQUID COOLED PC INFUSED WITH REAL BLOOD?!
A: Yep, REAL human blood.

joker-not-a-joke.gif

Good luck with maintenance. I wonder what will the lucky winner do when the "coolant" evaporates.

If Blizzard programmers were working as hard as their marketing, then most people wouldn't quit D4 after 1-3 weeks of playing.

Btw. 13900K is already old, last gen CPU ;)

I saw this yesterday and like the idea. I figure the "blood infused" part means it took blood (the donations) to get it so they are calling it infused for the promo. Cool idea to get blood donations regardless.

It's probably a quite popular bloody-red dye from EK. If we get a closer look at this PC, then it's not really so special. As I said, marketing does a lot for Blizzard and will make a lot of noise. The game is already dead for most people who were waiting for it.

Considering it has other ek parts I would agree with your assumption. It also would be the first thing to come out of that pc if I had it considering the history of ek fluids. I disagree with the game being dead. I'm still playing and see many people on it daily. Season 2 is a blast so far.

Back