• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

need a part for my case... is this silly?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Chixofnix

ok... so the LCD temperature readout on the swiveling panel on my antec p160 busted, so I need a new one... i found the part (after calling antec customer service) here

...problem is it costs twenty bucks before shipping (seems a little silly)...

I think I'd be better off spending maybe 10 to 20 more to just get a used p160 on ebay or something, have any of you ever bought an identical case to swap parts with?

am i wrong in thinking this is a bit overpriced?

out of curiosity, is there any chance that I could get my undergraduate electrical engineering buddies to swap out the LCD inside the panel for a pizza, or is that something extremely complicated to do?

well this was a dead thread from the point i hit 'submit' i guess, but here's an update:

i've decided to live w/o the readouts, they saved my computer twice before from near-certain death (while i was finding the OC sweetspots for my current setup), but seeing as I'm not making any major changes in the determinate future to my rig, i'll just leave it as is - i can't justify the 20 dollars when that could go towards my next case (which I think will go along with my next(current?)-gen rig if this one is still in working order).

wow i've never started a thread with around 40 views and no replies after some weeks :/ alltime low record for me ^^

Your call bro. I personally would just get a different case or simply mod it so that the LED shows something different.

Besides $20 is chump change compared to alot of stuff that you/I/us Ocers have bought this yea, so I wouldnt worry about it to too much

Back