• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best deal on WinXP-Pro?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
WinXP Media Center Edition 2005 is WinXP Pro with some network limitiations (you can't join a domain). And its a lot cheaper. I got mine at a B & M store for 139USD. You can find it cheaper.

i hope u work around a university of somesort, cus my school sells them for 15 dollars. also microsoft gives away for free if u sell their stuff. as in work in a place like BB or compUSA. other then that, ebay is prolly the cheapest u'll find.

$125USD is about the cheapest i've seen XP Pro, that was at a local dealer. I would suggest you check some local shops, they tend to have better deals on software.

Well i'm in UW, and i sure can get a free copy of winXP. BUT this is the system i'm building for a friend. I dont think i can get that copy for him tho.

Thats $180 is for OEM at a local store here. Newegg doesnt ship to canada.. :(

at the community college here in cheyenne this summer if you were enrolled into a computer class it was only 5$+ tax! it was a really really nice deal... just too bad you could only buy one copy of it or i would have bought 10 copies...

n0irsmurf said:
at the community college here in cheyenne this summer if you were enrolled into a computer class it was only 5$+ tax! it was a really really nice deal... just too bad you could only buy one copy of it or i would have bought 10 copies...

That's why it was limited to 1 copy.......they were trying to help students, not fund someone's new business :rolleyes:

Pineabs said:
i hope u work around a university of somesort, cus my school sells them for 15 dollars. also microsoft gives away for free if u sell their stuff. as in work in a place like BB or compUSA. other then that, ebay is prolly the cheapest u'll find.

See my statement above ;)

Don't ever even hint that someone should attempt something illegal at our forums here......this would earn the "hinter" a very quick exit from this site :)

I'm sorry guys. I understand you want to help...

Luta it wont happen again, next time i wont post about a software deal.

I decided to get WinXP Home edition as my friend requested. it's $100CAD :)

MameXP said:

:)

And I too understand they were simply trying to help.....that's why my post was purely informational. No warnings were sent, nobody was censured...heck, it wasn't even in red ;)

No reason why you shouldn't post asking about software deals.....folks just need to think before they respond :)

MameXP said:

I decided to get WinXP Home edition as my friend requested. it's $100CAD :)

Posting about a software deal wasnt the issue - it was when it bordered on discussion of actions against the law/EULA that it became a problem.

Yeah we get XP here at our university, but you have to be a student to get it.

On a side note, I reported the warez post, just to find it had been noticed already when I scrolled down :bang head :rolleyes:

=ACID RAIN= said:
Yeah we get XP here at our university, but you have to be a student to get it.

On a side note, I reported the warez post, just to find it had been noticed already when I scrolled down :bang head :rolleyes:

I got the report a thread, hopped on my horse and raced to the scene of the crime, only to find I had been beaten to the punch by another deputy. :-/

Back