• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

want to upgrade my p4 1.8

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dvez

I need some info on how and what guidelines I need to stay in to upgrade my cpu, currently I have pavillion 750c that has a 1.8GHz 400MHz FSB (williamette) 256K L2 cache, how much more can I increase the cpu also my motherborad is ASUS P4B266-LA, all the advice will greatly help, because I just bought 2.8GHz 400MHz (northwood) 512K, installed and nothing happend.

dvez said:
I need some info on how and what guidelines I need to stay in to upgrade my cpu, currently I have pavillion 750c that has a 1.8GHz 400MHz FSB (williamette) 256K L2 cache, how much more can I increase the cpu also my motherborad is ASUS P4B266-LA, all the advice will greatly help, because I just bought 2.8GHz 400MHz (northwood) 512K, installed and nothing happend.

what socket is yor motherboard?

Can you overclock it at all? Check the CPU compatibility for your motherboard. Probably not worth a CPU upgrade right now, save your money towrds a full system upgrade.

that's hilarious! a 2.8 ghz cpu with a 100 mhz fsb. Your motherboard is probably your bottleneck, with a fsb like that you are limiting your performance. Batboy wrote a thread about how the motherboard deserves more attention.

Back