• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Patriot Signature Line 512mb DDR400

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

darkknight187

ok so here's the situation, i've just built my new rig and i'm testing things out to make sure its alll smooth, so i give memtest 86 its go, had 20errors by test 3, ok so its either a slot or a stick of ram, i start by removing the 2nd stick, still get errors, ok so i'll remove the 1st stick and replace it with the other stick, error free where it was erroring, so i put both sticks in (reverse of how i started) and i don't get those errors, so i took the stick out of slot 1 (the errorless stick) and run with the stick that errored in slot 2 and i don't get the same errors....just a freak accident or a reason to look into having the stick RMA'd?

*note that i didnt run the full test any of the time because the first there was too many errors and the rest i expected that the same errors should show up no matter which slot it was

Back