• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Stress/stability program, OCCT

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Haven't seen it, but I'm certainly gonna give it a try. Thanks for letting us know.

I've really been hoping to see such a program that doesn't take hours of testing, like Prime95 does.

The thing is, an error might not occur until after the 5th hour of testing. Thats why I feel Super Pi is a horrible way of seeing if a cpu is stable. As I have mention in other posts, I fold, and I want it to be atleast 24 hours of prime stable.

You can run this to find out intial weakness's then prime.
But then again, I don't run my puter to max for hours on end anyway.

SavageBasher said:
The thing is, an error might not occur until after the 5th hour of testing. Thats why I feel Super Pi is a horrible way of seeing if a cpu is stable. As I have mention in other posts, I fold, and I want it to be atleast 24 hours of prime stable.
Have you tried this program?

I've tried this program, I find it useful.

But I think the french people who run that web site and control the program are USA haters.

On their sign up page they don't list the USA as your home country.

In fact one of the countries listed says the following:

[Minor islands Far away from the United States]

When you run the stability test your given the option of sending your test results to their data base if you pass, after you register that is. But you can't register unless you use a differnt country's name instead of United States, no USA listed.
:attn:

That is unless I'm blind and just did't see it.

I didn't bother to register or send in the data. Just thought this would be another tool for us to use.

Tried it. Cute program. The graphs could be useful if you weren't feeling good about your cooling or power supply and wanted to see a graphic record of how it was doing under different loads.

Hoot

AAdjuster said:
I've tried this program, I find it useful.

But I think the french people who run that web site and control the program are USA haters.

On their sign up page they don't list the USA as your home country.

In fact one of the countries listed says the following:

[Minor islands Far away from the United States]

When you run the stability test your given the option of sending your test results to their data base if you pass, after you register that is. But you can't register unless you use a differnt country's name instead of United States, no USA listed.
:attn:

That is unless I'm blind and just did't see it.

oh no! people who don't particularly like the US! KILL THEM!
/offtopicness

i will have to try this.

I downloaded it and am now running it while browsing these forums and folding. I will have to add in playing UT2004 while running it too. That should make sure it is stable; I have already run prime. I guess I can use it in the future, like if I ever get my Duron to work properly again.
Edit:
I ran the UT2004 demo while it was running and folding. It was choppy. I like how the program makes the graphs and monitors everything. My 3.3v got down to about 3.2v, I never knew it did that. My cpu spiked a little over 53c.

Last edited:
Ok, it always seems to report a failed cpu error and stops testing (either under test or torture) even though I have four instances of Prime95 running for a few hours without error???

I REALLY don't want my computer to be running with errors, but it just seems to always come back faulty (maybe I'll go back down to default and check again though). anyone else have eperience/opions on this program?

No, I haven't. Although I have had opposite reactions. Pass in OCCT, fail 3dm2k1. But it is quicker than prime and more thorough than SiSoft.

Wow, this thing gets my temps up really high. I hit 59C running it. On P95, I've only hit 56C. Anyways, stable at 2.61, though it looks like I'll need to get some better cooling than stock come summer. Thermalright XP-90 looks like a good one.

rmacnguyen said:
Wow, this thing gets my temps up really high. I hit 59C running it. On P95, I've only hit 56C. Anyways, stable at 2.61, though it looks like I'll need to get some better cooling than stock come summer. Thermalright XP-90 looks like a good one.

Were you running Prime95 (priority 9 or 10) Torture Test using In-place large FFTs ??? That's the best for temperature. The Prime95 Torture Test Blend test does not stress the CPU nearly as much.

Hoot

I have noticed higher temps on things other then prime at 10 large ffts like a German progi I got can't think of the name and my comp is down now...but that was great I ran that and cpu burn in and mem test, looped 03 and if that ran 24 hours all was well that was just hell on a system it stresses everything CPU, mem, NB, Graphics everything.

Back