• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MSI Neo2 BIOS Question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Xiode

I just got some new G.Skill LE and am waiting for a RMAed 3500+ Winnie (scheduled to arrive Tuesday), but I have a question.

In the BIOS, I know you set the CPU and the RAM speeds both to 200 on this board to run 1:1. If you increase the CPU speed (aka HTT or FSB on Socket A) over 200, does it still run at 1:1?

Example: I have the RAM at max (200) and the CPU at 275, with a x10 multi and HTT of x3. Would that be running at 1:1?

Ok, I was just wondering, because I'm going to Memtest the RAM to burn in, test for stability, and errors. However, as you guys know, Memtest is bootable, so I can't overclock from Windows,. I have to do it from the BIOS for it to take effect in Memtest. :p

Also, on that subject, what program do you guys use to overclock in Windows? Core Center, Clock Gen, ... ? Which one is the best?

I would never overclock in windows. What if the proggy crashes, and sets your voltage sky high? :eek:

Call me old school, but if she can't fully go under her own power from post, she ain't worth it. :p

Well, that's how I've always done it too, but I've seen an awfully lot of people around the forums with high overclocks using programs through Windows, so I figured I'd give it a shot.

:thup:
SavageBasher said:
I would never overclock in windows. What if the proggy crashes, and sets your voltage sky high? :eek:

Call me old school, but if she can't fully go under her own power from post, she ain't worth it. :p

I agree!

Here! Here! I agree as well. I have fooled around with those Windows programs and frankly, they don't overclock as well as the old fashioned way through the bios. And please don't tell my wife I admitted to fooling around! :)

benchies.jpg

As you can see, I got my new 3500+ Winnie working, along with my new G.Skill LE. Right now I'm on air @ 2.65GHz, and I'm leaving it there while I Prime to get this baby burned in.

I'm suprised it even worked, due to the way it arrived. NewEgg uses these new Fedex boxes now, and they aren't very good.... there was bubble wrap (supposed to be around the processor box), but it wasn't. I open up the box, pull out the bubble wrap which wasn't even attached/protecting the processor box... I got the processor box out, and it wasn't even closed tightly. The processor was about to fall out of it. :eek:

Anyway, this thing is wicked fast compared to my 2600+ Mobile @ 2.65. It gets a LOT more memory bandwidth. However, for some reason, I'm getting a significantly lower score on 3DMark01. I have yet to try any other programs yet, but I'm going to need to work that out.

If you need some help...look me up...

3200.JPG

Read specs below...

Also...if you dont know...the Tt 420 PSU has hidden adjustable pots inside...for the +12 and +5 lines...

glock19owner said:
If you need some help...look me up...

Also...if you dont know...the Tt 420 PSU has hidden adjustable pots inside...for the +12 and +5 lines...

That's my old sig. I forgot I didn't update it at this forum. :p I have had a Fortron 530w that I rail modded for a good bit of time now.

I'll update it now. ;)

Also, I'm going to download Aquamark, and run both it and 3DMark03 and see if possibly it's just 3DMark01 that's the problem. I'm also going to increase the HTT to 270 and see if it can run that stable.

Back