• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

raiding and reinstalling

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

shrinkydinx

if i install a raid 0 set up (with a rocketraid 1640 card and two 250gb's) as like e: or something and copy a bunch of stuff onto them, then reformat my c: and reinstall my windows and reinstall the raid drivers, will all that data still be there?

shrinkydinx said:
if i install a raid 0 set up (with a rocketraid 1640 card and two 250gb's) as like e: or something and copy a bunch of stuff onto them, then reformat my c: and reinstall my windows and reinstall the raid drivers, will all that data still be there?

I dont completely understand what your saying. You want to install a additional RAID set and then copy all of your file to it, then reformat your C:, is that correct. Is your C: in a raid config itself, or is it a single drive. Correct me of Im wrong.

edwardaune said:
I dont completely understand what your saying. You want to install a additional RAID set and then copy all of your file to it, then reformat your C:, is that correct. Is your C: in a raid config itself, or is it a single drive. Correct me of Im wrong.

right, and C: would be a seperate single drive.

basically the underlying question is whether the raid controller, when i install it, will recognize two drives that were already RAIDed.

My question is, why dont you make an image of the drive then reinstall it on the RAID config that your getting ready to install. I dont understand why you wouldnt want you primary not to be RAID. Personally I would run a 0+1, kinda. Have the RAID config as you primary since the performance far outweighs that of a single drive, then have the single hdd as a backup if you will.

Back