• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A8V via drivers ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

colly

Hi there all
got the asus A8V and been having a few problems
spec is
A8V ver 2 (bios 8)
win 3200
2 x 256 Corsair CMX256A-3200LL
ati 9700 pro
netgear WG311 wifi card

i was having problems with the screen going blank like signal loss only if i used the latest ati drivers that was with my enermax 365 PSU after yet another format i have got to the stage where i have got everything loaded but he via drivers and using a Qtec psu think its a 550 and no problems as of yet
do i need the via pack or not

thanks for help guys

WELCOME TO THE FORUMS COLLY!!!!

Could you state your problem more clearly?
Why do you want to use non-XP drivers? I had absolutely no problems with my drivers. If its an ATi driver issue, I'd suggest you use the Omega Drivers instead.

www.omegadrivers.net

Also remember that your wireless card can mess things up if there is heavy Electromagnetic Interference in the region. If you live next to a radio or TV transmitting station, you may face problems.

ok sorry i havnt got back to you all
i have changed my power suply to a tagan 480
so far i have installed the latest via driver and i am still get the problem
playing hl2 and about 10 mins into game the monitor goes into standyby and the only way to get it back is reboot the pc

any ideas please

ok the instal was a sp2 instal and then tried the latest via drivers and the same problem

i think i have got round the problem by the fix u posted but i had to use the via driver form the asus site not from via as it didnt give me the option the remove them

just tired hl2 for about 30 mins no problems
so far so good

I think I put up a note in the A8V guide specifically asking people to stick with the default XP drivers instead of the newer VIA Drivers.

A request:
Please Fold for Team 32 i.e the OCF Folding Team when your rig is up and stable. Please look at the first line in the OC Guide on howto do that.

Last edited:
just an update
everything is working ok so far i have even tried overclcocking it
got to 230 x10
but thats with ram at lower spec cpu/12

Great! I'm sure you can hit 2.6 if everything goes smooth.
Try upping your VCore a little and increase your HTT.

Can you run your RAM at 2:1 DDR400 ?

yes but the ram dont clock that well thats my next upgrade
any advise on the setings now would be great

still on bios 8

Last edited:
Well, you can keep running at DDR333 and slowly increase FSB/HTT. If stability tests fail, increase VCore by 0.25V. Do not exceed 1.65V if your temps start exceeding 50C.

Just a note: The RAM dividers do not affect performance with A64s.

This is due to the fact that your CPU automatically has a divider, and it never actually runs "In Sync" with the HTT.

So, don't worry about running your RAM @ a 3:2 divider or whatnot, it should still be fine :-D.

well i did try 240 but it failed to boot
would i be better updating the bios

Back