• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

nVidia 6600 GT AGP Cards

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tech2487

I am building a new PC and now need to choose a video card. I want a 6600 GT, but when i go to Newegg and search for a 6600 gt for agp 8x/4x, i get 8 results and only one says the ram speed. they are all identical basicly. which one should i get?

Well, all I can speak for is the BFG 6600GT Overclocked card. I bought this one about a month ago, and it rocks! It is a nice step up from my ATI Radeon 9600Pro. BFG has a lifetime warranty, which is very nice, and the card has a pretty stout cooling solution right out of the box.

Now, as far as other branded 6600GT's, I'm not sure what differences there may be other than the fact that the BFG is overclocked right out of the box as well.

Just go to http://bfgtech.com to look at them, and http://chumbo.com is the site they sell through.

:)

I'd go with the BFG only if I were not going to OC myself. If you want to OC then get the XFX version. It is supposed to have 1.6ns ram as well as pretty good cooling. You can get it at monarchcomputers.com for $209 shipped, which is an excellent price for the AGP version.

Thanks guys, i ended up going with the XFX which was on sale for $205.99 after shipping charges. the card works great and CS Source looks great!

Nandro said:
Do you know if it in fact does have the 1.6ns ram?
Ive heard this echoed by a couple people. I'd have to ask around because I cannot confirm or deny it. There was one member here who owned an XFX and it did infact have 1.6ns. He is probably right...

I know the xfx has a gamer edition for pci-e with 1.6, but not the agp. I am just wondering if they are using it on agp for availability or ease of manufacturing reasons, in which case I would buy one if I knew where someone got an agp with 1.6ns from. If you hear anything please let me know as I plan on selling my 6800GT soon.

it seems anything with the second gen HSF includeds 1.6ns ram, that comes right from there tech division on the phone(not tech support either, there engineers :) )....says so in there manuals also.

Back