• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

First watercooled PC (Pics)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Shentx

Finished my first setup.

Specs:

2-302 Heatercore
Laing D4 Pump
DD TDX block

Overclocked 2.8Ghz -> 3.3 Ghz

I have a geforce 6600GT on the way, and will order a silverprop block to cool it once i have the funds.

Ambient is ~26C

Ide temps:
Motherboard says 30C
Probe says 29C

Note: These idle temps are while running 2 instances of F@H

I will post load temps after running Prime 95

Attachments

• case1.JPG
    case1.JPG
    94.4 KB · Views: 521
  • case2.JPG
    case2.JPG
    107.4 KB · Views: 389
  • CASE3.JPG
    CASE3.JPG
    52.4 KB · Views: 533
  • case4.JPG
    case4.JPG
    65.1 KB · Views: 208
Pretty cool looking rig you got there. Also, are those tube green or just the coolant? And I think it's time to sleeves or hide those wires you have hanging around.

That looks excellent! My only complaint is the wiring, but I know from experience that polishing that skill comes with time :)

Good job man :D

I know the wiring is ugly, but there isnt much place to put it, this case is very small. The HC as you can see barely fits, look how close it is to the power supply. The main focus was to keep the wires off of the motherboard area.

I would sleeve them, but I might be getting a new case soon, and I am very cheap :D

About the idle temps, i figure i should be able to heat it up a little more, but the dual HC cooling only the processor so far is doing a superb job :clap:

Load temps on Air was 43-46C using a Vantec Tornado, and a swiftech heatsink with those helicoid screws.

The tubing is the UV reactive green tubing from dangerden, and the water is actually orange colored from the anti-freeze. If you look at the waterblock, you can see it is orange water inside :burn:

nice job looks good with the fans up top. its alot cleaner looking than my case lol.

Shentx said:
I would sleeve them, but I might be getting a new case soon, and I am very cheap :D
Just use electrical tape, it's real cheap, and it looks good when it's done right.
Example (work in progress):
elec_tape1.jpg

elec_tape2.jpg

I figured someone would mention electrical tape. You also have some of your wires coming from behind your MB, which I cannot do. You also have a LOT more space to work with than I do.

I may use some electrical tape, but I also might wait to get some of that mesh stuff; I think some might be UV reactive and would look great once I get my lights.

Also, I dont see your CD rom drives attached to any powercords in those pictures, and I dont see your hard drives either.

Shentx said:
I figured someone would mention electrical tape. You also have some of your wires coming from behind your MB, which I cannot do. You also have a LOT more space to work with than I do.

I may use some electrical tape, but I also might wait to get some of that mesh stuff; I think some might be UV reactive and would look great once I get my lights.

Also, I dont see your CD rom drives attached to any powercords in those pictures, and I dont see your hard drives either.
That's why I put "work in progress". You'll notice I don't have a block or heatercore either ;)

Just be creative, there are many ways to manage wires in tight spaces.

You should have seen the wires before they were like they are now :p

The Size.jpg shows the size relative to a gallon of water.

The next pic shows the load temp, and the L brackets I made. I used a faceplace from one of the 5 inch bays and cut it in half and trimmed it down. The brackets are really ghetto, but they hold it up :)

Attachments

• size.JPG
    size.JPG
    71.1 KB · Views: 138
  • pic.JPG
    pic.JPG
    50.2 KB · Views: 295
fans reversed

hi,

I'd not worry about those wires just yet...

aren't those top fans blowing down thru the radiator into the case? :eek:

moonlistener
-----
"There are 10 types of people in this world...
...those that understand binary, and those that don't."

Back