• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How do you run a game in safe mode ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jonwessel

I'm trying to install CoD on my aunt's computer so i can have something to do the rest of the weekend. My aunt's Video Card isn't Directx 9.0 compatiable, but I've played it before on her computer. The reason i need to know how to do it again is because i just reinstalled windows on her computer. I just downloaded Directx 9.0c. I'm not going to download the latest video card drivers because she is on Dial-Up and that would take over an hour. SO HOW DO YOU RUN A GAME IN SAFE MODE ? Thank you in advance for any help!

1fbhhi

click that one

it's still giving me an error. Could someone plz find me a link for a driver to the following card : NVIDIA Geforce4 MX 420 . Plz gimme a driver that is the smallest possible in download time! Thank you!

you can't play it in windows safe mode, it won't load the drivers you need for dx

you need to somehow get the video card device drivers, either by downloading or off a driver disk

Back