• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

well finally took the plunge!!! A64 here i come

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kouch

Hi guys,

Finally took to plunge into an athlon 64 system. Ordered a 3200+ winnie and MSI Neo2 plat from monarchcomputer.com If you order as a combo, you get free farcry dvd, free hl2 bronze, and 4 months of free napster membership. Considering the prices are competetive (very) to begin with and people have been getting good steppings from there, I think it is a good deal. Let me know what you guys think. Hope this thing oc's well with my water cooling setup :bday:

Yup 'tis a good deal. The Farcry disc came right with the package and they sent me an envelope with a coupon for HL2 Bronze via steam and another for Napster about a week later, so they're slow but they're men of their word. :p

Good luck with the new setup hope you get a good chip & board. You gonna try out your OCZ 3500 memory or springing for some TCCD lovin'?

I ordered the same setup,but backorder for the mobo.Now I see the similar deal with the company I ordered from,so I emailed them to see if I could get the HL2 Coupon with mine seeing its on backorder.Still waiting for reply.Ordered on the 10th still not shipped.

TimoneX said:
Yup 'tis a good deal. The Farcry disc came right with the package and they sent me an envelope with a coupon for HL2 Bronze via steam and another for Napster about a week later, so they're slow but they're men of their word. :p

Good luck with the new setup hope you get a good chip & board. You gonna try out your OCZ 3500 memory or springing for some TCCD lovin'?

No I don't think I have the cash to get some TCCD. Even if I did, I don't think it would be worthwhile upgrade since A64 can run fine in Asynch (actually 1:1 is even technically asynch since HT is really the mem bus). I am hoping to run 270x10 with 166 mem devider. That will run at 225 mem freq and right now I can run that at 11-2-2-2 so that is what I am hoping for.

they gave me the hl2 coupon no problems,,,now if I could only get the darn thing to my door

ETUKE said:
they gave me the hl2 coupon no problems,,,now if I could only get the darn thing to my door

did you order from monarch or are we talking about somewhere else? I hope it's not monarch cause they listed it as in stock. Btw how much did you pay for both mobo + cpu combo?

kouch I hate to be the one to rain on your parade but 2.7 most likely wont happen. 2.5 is most likely what you will get on your new A64. Very VERY few go past 2.6 even with the new steppings.

Sentential said:
kouch I hate to be the one to rain on your parade but 2.7 most likely wont happen. 2.5 is most likely what you will get on your new A64. Very VERY few go past 2.6 even with the new steppings.

LALALALALALALALALALA, I am not listening.

But seriously Sen, in the stiky it says:

[2700 - 2800): 7
[2600 - 2700): 3
[2500 - 2600): 7

and considering I have water cooling I was hoping for at least 2.6ghz. For once I am hoping you are dead wrong (no offense). :santa:

kouch said:
LALALALALALALALALALA, I am not listening.

But seriously Sen, in the stiky it says:

[2700 - 2800): 7
[2600 - 2700): 3
[2500 - 2600): 7

and considering I have water cooling I was hoping for at least 2.6ghz. For once I am hoping you are dead wrong (no offense). :santa:

I wouldn't be offended by his advice; rather, I would appreciate the fact that he simply means to provide you with a more realistic measure of performance. I think I speak for everyone when I say that it will be great to pull a 900 Mhz clock out of that Winchester. Unfortunately, this simply is not very commonplace. So I'd much rather someone give me a realistic goal than blow my head up with some unattainable number.

deception``

deception`` said:
I wouldn't be offended by his advice; rather, I would appreciate the fact that he simply means to provide you with a more realistic measure of performance. I think I speak for everyone when I say that it will be great to pull a 900 Mhz clock out of that Winchester. Unfortunately, this simply is not very commonplace. So I'd much rather someone give me a realistic goal than blow my head up with some unattainable number.

deception``

I know, i know. I know Sennie is a great poster and I respect his opinion, so I do not take offense. I know that 2500 is probably a better goal to have but I always hope for the best. I will not cry or jack my voltage up to 1.8 trying to get 2.7. I will do my best with burning in (the Sen method :thup: ) and see how far it goes at safe voltages. The rest is luck and I will be happy if a $200 chip gets me $500 performance.

kouch said:
..... I know that 2500 is probably a better goal to have but I always hope for the best. I will not cry or jack my voltage up to 1.8 trying to get 2.7.
LOL Yea honestally bro:D Besides 2.5 smokes my AXP. Here, just take a looksie:

currentclocks.jpg

kouch said:
I will do my best with burning in (the Sen method :thup: ) and see how far it goes at safe voltages. The rest is luck and I will be happy if a $200 chip gets me $500 performance.
Oh? :D Good luck with that. Just remember my method includes a liberal helping of swearing and idle threats. Not only does it add to the expereince but apparentally my CPU responds to fear.

Sentential said:
Oh? :D Good luck with that. Just remember my method includes a liberal helping of swearing and idle threats. Not only does it add to the expereince but apparentally my CPU responds to fear.

LOL. Good tip, I am thinking of creative insults and threats right now. That cpu doesn't know that it's in for a boot camp :temper:

-common you square piece of breast implant
-they should have left you in the dirt they made you from
-you call that an overclock?
-what did you say? 1 errors 0 warnings?
-are you beeping at me? are you beeping at me?

kouch said:
LOL. Good tip, I am thinking of creative insults and threats right now. That cpu doesn't know that it's in for a boot camp :temper:

-common you square piece of breast implant
-they should have left you in the dirt they made you from
-you call that an overclock?
-what did you say? 1 errors 0 warnings?
-are you beeping at me? are you beeping at me?
I personally prefer

"Do that **** again and Im getting a Dell."

Sentential said:
I personally prefer

"Do that **** again and Im getting a Dell."

Nah I don't think and A64 would be dumb enough to fall for that with that onboard mem controller. I would just lose all respect ;)

kouch said:
did you order from monarch or are we talking about somewhere else? I hope it's not monarch cause they listed it as in stock. Btw how much did you pay for both mobo + cpu combo?
ordered from NCIX in Canada,,dunno if its in stock(hl2 coupon),still waiting on the mobo(on backorder)Im guessing they will wait till its all in stock b4 they ship.MSI neo2 + 64-3200 + XP-90 heatsink + thermaltake silentcat + HL2 coupon =$615.04 cdn including tax and shipping

So far I am really pleased with NCIX despite the B/O.They have answered every question I asked through email,corrected shipping,and now gave me the promotion that came after I ordered my order.Will definitly order from them again.Plus it only took 2 days to ship across country for my CPU,hope the rest comes as quick.

Back