• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Whats the best 23" widescreen monitor

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

thegreek

What is the best 23" Widescreen monitor? So far I looked at 2 monitors:

Apple Cinema Display 23" - unknown ms

indexcompdisplay06282004-02.jpg

Sony Display 23" - 16 ms

24-006-084-01.jpg

As far as I know the Sony, BenQ and HP all use the same panel so there should be no difference between those models. I do not know about the Apple but I remember reading on the forum's that Apple tend's to use the best quality panels for their displays.

If I were you though I would really check out all of the monitors in person first if you can. There was a member on here that ordered the Sony 23" model and he was really uphappy with the ammount of ghosting he experienced. That would be a major letdown to drop that kind of cash on a nice big screen and not be happy with its performance.

I heard Apple doesn't work well w/ PC about saturation problems, If I have to choose either one above, Sony 23" will be the best choice

thegreek said:
I guess I'll wait till dell releases a 23".... they have a 20" WS right now, right?

Yep the Dell FPW2005 is their 20" widescreen model. There a few members on here that own and seem to love them. It is really cool that you can play HL2 in WS and get more of the amazing graphics :D. Also I believe that Dell widescreen has a 12ms response time which is pretty quick.

I have a 20inch Apple running on my PC and have no problems. I could not be happier with it. It is a beautiful display. And now the prices have droped and is even cheaper if you are a student. Apple display do cost alot but are well worth the money. I play doom on ultra high quality mode and see no ghosting or tearing and have no problems with color saturation. The 23 inch Apple is HD compatible also. Go with the Apple but thats just my 2 cents.

I have the HP L2335 and love it. It also have every input(component,s-video,composite) so that you can use it as a HDTV. It even has picture in picture. I also think it has the best bang for the buck. I got mine last summer for under $1400 on eBay. Very pleased.

Forgot to mention, if you read the reviews, it also has the best stand set-up. In terms of being able to swivel for a portrait mode and adjusting height, etc.

check out HardOCP Forums about 23" LCD Monitor and you will find alot of people giving their opinions in very long thread of HP L2335, Sony 23" LCD, and Apple 23" which HP L2335 are the most defective units and hope new batch will solved most of problems, I still stand strong on Sony 23" LCD for now

Froms my knowledge, HP, Sony, Benq and LG all use LG LCD panels. It's just luck of the draw if you get a good panel or bad panel with any of the companies. Thus, in my opinion, I decided on the HP L2335 for price and features. I thought Sony but it didn't have S-Video or Component Inputs, nor Picture-in-Picture. If you're only going to hook a pc to it, any will do you fine. I have a dual monitor set-up, so I run cable via component inputs and use PIP to watch TV while I'm at the pc without need of a TV tuner using up cpu resources. My two cents.

Just wondering...what is the pixel res of those 23" LCD's?

*edit* nm, 1920x1200....hmmmm could be cool to go with a FP2001 and one of tehse...they'd line up perfectly!

Last edited:
Back