• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Looks like I picked a winner!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

=ACID RAIN=

And I'm not talking about boogers... :p :D

I decided to play a little with my A64 tonight and started overclocking a little to see what kind of system I really built. Right now I'm at 2475MHz with a 1.45vcore and 275 RAM and 3x HTT. With the 9x multi on the 3000+ I was afraid I would get limited at 2300 or so, so this has definitely gone beyond anything I expected! I suppose going in with low expectations always helps, but I thought I was being reasonably optimistic with my CPU being a week 41! I'm priming away and so far the CPU diode has reported 50C tops :D

I assume at this point that "diode 2" in MBM on the Neo2 is the actual CPU diode, correct?

I still haven't hit my limit, I'll report back what my limit really is when I see prime errors...hehe.

First of all, congrats! Second dont use MBM5. The new updated core-center available online is far better in terms of accuracy.

Second most winchesters do quite well on default voltage. Ive seen plenty of them go to 2.5ghz on default voltage (1.4v). For most guys on air the generally accepted volts is around 1.52 - 1.57 ie:

1.40 + 10%
1.425 + 10%

Damn, ok now 2520 priming away :)

Ok I got core center on your advice:

vcore 1.5v
3.3 = 3.26v
5v = 4.84v
12v = 12.02

CPU temp 49C
sys temp 28C

All under load :)
Small FFT is passing with flying colors! I'm really liking this new system!

On a 9x multi?

Either way, I got a BSOD at 290, so I backed down to 280 on the same timings and stopped. This is plenty for now, I'll really push on it when I get a new power supply ;)

280*9 seems to be the best way to go with the 3000+

I needed craploads more volts than you did though :(

Nice. 2.8? I think I might be able to hit that, once I get some better cooling. That's only about 311 FSB, just 21 MHz more for me to go to go, and I've got plenty of voltage room left. I'm still at 1.425v + 3.3% in BIOS, 1.408v according to CPU-Z, so if I push that up to 1.65v, that ought to do it right? ...Hopefully...

Hmm...yeah I've been running 1:1, I might try dropping the ram some and see what it'll do later. I'm pretty sure the ram was the cause of my BSOD, not the cpu.

Back