• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Top Power 706P6

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ad Rock

Ok well after reading a post by oklahoma wolf and he showed me this PSU

TP 706P6

The specs looks amazing a +3.3v 28a, +5v 46a, +12v 35a. It seems to have the same black mirror finish on the OCZ units (they are the same basic design) and it has a blue acrylic window (which I could do with out). The best part about this PSU is that it is only $169 Can at www.bmtnet.com .

Now my main question here is does this PSU still have the adjustable pots like on the OCZ? I can not really tell from the picture and they may be inside like fortron models.

This is a great deal for a kickass PSU and I want to thank Oklahoma Wolk for finding it :D.

It should have them. It won't have the funky LED indicators, but the pots should definitely be there. I am considering this one too for a possible upcoming build. Be aware though you'll be at the mercy of Topower's warranty - not sure how long it is.

Edit - I take it back, checked the pic and maybe the pots aren't there... maybe email those places and see.

Edit 2 - here's Topower's OEM option list - could have any number of these features:

http://www.topower.com.tw/home/product_option.htm

Well I could not see anything about adjustable rails on that link you provided Wolf. I think I will try calling the retailer tommorow and see if I can get an answer.

Also its interesting to see they also have those shielded cables. They really did not change very much from the orginal design did they? (OCZ that is)

Yep this PSU looks like it could be quite the bargain if they have a decent warranty. I mean its $80 cheaper than the OCZ for the same unit :D.

Not exactly the same unit... cousin to it maybe ;)

Let me know what you find out on the pot issue - would be interested to know myself. Sucks that they don't have any of the other P6 units, but I'm starting to think OCZ has some kind of exclusive distribution rights to them in North America... they're all over Europe and Australia, but heaven help you if you want one here that isn't from OCZ. Or, maybe retailers just haven't caught on yet. I'm hoping www.cbit.ca will carry them sometime - they have a few non P6 models.

Edit - the Topower warranty appears to be one year only.

Anyplace that sells OCZ :p

Seriously though, I cannot find one place so far to get the P6 units other than OCZ retailers in the US. The P5's can probably be found easier, but they are definitely not the same quality.

Well I called the Top Power america site and talked a tech there and he was convinced this PSU does not exist :-/. Anyway after a little discusion I finally got him to go to the website and verify that it does in fact exist.

He however could not answer the adjustable voltage line question and is having me email him my question so he can foward it to the offices in Taiwan.

So looks like I will have to wait and hopefully I get a response that is conclusive :).

Topower USA's site is way behind headquarters it looks like... hope you get a conclusive answer. Even if there are pots inside, it's still a good value.

Back